Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ge fridge ice dispenser doesn't work

Hi, I have a ge fridge that is having some issues!

The water works about 80% of the time, but there is absolutely no noise
made when I try to get ice out of the dispenser?! Just the flap opens
and that's it?! If there is a loose connection in the wires where
exactly do I check for that...on the very back of the fridge or in the
freezer somwhere?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
JGolan

b wrote:
Hi, I have a ge fridge that is having some issues!

The water works about 80% of the time, but there is absolutely no noise
made when I try to get ice out of the dispenser?! Just the flap opens
and that's it?! If there is a loose connection in the wires where
exactly do I check for that...on the very back of the fridge or in the
freezer somwhere?

Thanks!

Is the switch on? Most Ice Makers have a powert switch for the unit
and/or also a "ice full" lever

Posted to alt.home.repair

JGolan wrote:
b wrote:
Hi, I have a ge fridge that is having some issues!

The water works about 80% of the time, but there is absolutely no noise
made when I try to get ice out of the dispenser?! Just the flap opens
and that's it?! If there is a loose connection in the wires where
exactly do I check for that...on the very back of the fridge or in the
freezer somwhere?

Thanks!

Is the switch on? Most Ice Makers have a powert switch for the unit
and/or also a "ice full" lever

Where is the switch located?

Posted to alt.home.repair

b wrote:
JGolan wrote:
b wrote:
Hi, I have a ge fridge that is having some issues!

The water works about 80% of the time, but there is absolutely no noise
made when I try to get ice out of the dispenser?! Just the flap opens
and that's it?! If there is a loose connection in the wires where
exactly do I check for that...on the very back of the fridge or in the
freezer somwhere?

Thanks!

Is the switch on? Most Ice Makers have a powert switch for the unit
and/or also a "ice full" lever

Where is the switch located?....I found the switch, and it is on!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:checked for kincked water line

Posted to alt.home.repair
JGolan

b wrote:
JGolan wrote:
b wrote:
Hi, I have a ge fridge that is having some issues!

The water works about 80% of the time, but there is absolutely no noise
made when I try to get ice out of the dispenser?! Just the flap opens
and that's it?! If there is a loose connection in the wires where
exactly do I check for that...on the very back of the fridge or in the
freezer somwhere?

Thanks!

Is the switch on? Most Ice Makers have a powert switch for the unit
and/or also a "ice full" lever

Where is the switch located?

Typically right on the Icemaker. Some model use the "Full" detector
also as a switch