Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack

Default Getting fiberglass shower upstairs

I would like to get a fiberglass shower.. but I have a tight staircase
to get it up.. Would love a one piece unit.. but there is no way I am
going to get it up the stairs.

Any good recomendations for multiple piece units that are large.. would
like shower to be 36 x 48 .. home depot seemed to have one mulitple
piece unit.. but it was very small.

Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to get a fiberglass shower.. but I have a tight staircase
to get it up.. Would love a one piece unit.. but there is no way I am
going to get it up the stairs.

Any good recomendations for multiple piece units that are large.. would
like shower to be 36 x 48 .. home depot seemed to have one mulitple
piece unit.. but it was very small.

Any suggestions?

While not inexpensive, you could go to a marble shower. I had one put in.
They come out and measuer the base and the walls. Then they make it to what
is needed. Usually a one piece base, then the side walls and a glass door.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mrsgator88

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to get a fiberglass shower.. but I have a tight staircase
to get it up.. Would love a one piece unit.. but there is no way I am
going to get it up the stairs.

Any good recomendations for multiple piece units that are large.. would
like shower to be 36 x 48 .. home depot seemed to have one mulitple
piece unit.. but it was very small.

Any suggestions?

My basement bath has a multiple piece shower assembly. We didn't put it in,
it came with the house. Water gets in between the sections and leaks out,
and mildew starts to grow, and its a pain to keep clean. As soon as our
current project is done (perhaps sooner) its being replaced.

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to get a fiberglass shower.. but I have a tight staircase
to get it up.. Would love a one piece unit.. but there is no way I am
going to get it up the stairs.

Any good recomendations for multiple piece units that are large.. would
like shower to be 36 x 48 .. home depot seemed to have one mulitple
piece unit.. but it was very small.

Any suggestions?

Take peek at the Sterling site (part of Kohlr). They have some good shower
units. I have the neo-angle acrylic shower and have been very happy wit it.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair

MLD wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to get a fiberglass shower.. but I have a tight staircase
to get it up.. Would love a one piece unit.. but there is no way I am
going to get it up the stairs.

Any good recomendations for multiple piece units that are large.. would
like shower to be 36 x 48 .. home depot seemed to have one mulitple
piece unit.. but it was very small.

Any suggestions?

Take peek at the Sterling site (part of Kohlr). They have some good shower
units. I have the neo-angle acrylic shower and have been very happy wit it.
MLD

any chance of ifting unit with ropes to 2nd floor and getting unit in
thru window? might have to remove window temporarily,....

I have a friend who did this to get a once piece bathtub in place...
worked great but was all day job

Fix tile shower or put new fiberglass insert Jack Home Repair 9 June 9th 06 01:39 PM
raised floor insert for shower to bypass leak? [email protected] Home Ownership 2 June 8th 06 05:52 PM
raised floor insert for shower to bypass leak? [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 7th 06 12:43 PM
Poor shower Hugo Nebula UK diy 27 December 14th 05 08:27 PM
Mixing valve for upstairs shower Bob Home Repair 2 October 27th 05 06:35 PM