Posted to alt.home.repair
erh_5748

Default Laminate floor transition troubles.. Need extra wide T-Moulding

I just finished putting in laminate floors in my living room but
accidentally chipped a 1" piece of tile off where my living room meets
my kitchen tile. No biggie, I thought...... I'll just get a peice of
3" wide T-Moulding instead of 2".

I have searched every store in town and spent many hours on the
internet looking for some 3" T-Moulding to cover the oops and still
overlap my laminate floor as well. Does anyone know where I can find
this?

Signed.... Dead Meat

The wife's not too thrilled......

Posted to alt.home.repair

erh_5748 wrote:
I just finished putting in laminate floors in my living room but
accidentally chipped a 1" piece of tile off where my living room meets
my kitchen tile. No biggie, I thought...... I'll just get a peice of
3" wide T-Moulding instead of 2".

I have searched every store in town and spent many hours on the
internet looking for some 3" T-Moulding to cover the oops and still
overlap my laminate floor as well. Does anyone know where I can find
this?

Signed.... Dead Meat

The wife's not too thrilled......

Mr. Meat (or should I call you Dead?),

Unfortunately, I had to make one of those, as well as a stair nosing,
but fortunately I have a full armory of tools in the basement. I took
a sample of the laminate to the stain display and compared it the
finished samples. I found a near perfect match to use on oak. Then I
bought a board, cut it a little oversize (width and length) on a saw.
Then I cut the rabbet and profile on the jointer, and planed it to the
correct thickness. Finally I trimmed it to finished width with saw
again. So if you don't have the tools or skills, then you might need
to make a visit to a cabinetmaker's shop.

Hmm, would it be easier to replace the tile? You might be able to
scavenge one from under the stove or a cabinet, if you can't find a
match.

Good Luck.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"erh_5748" wrote in message
I have searched every store in town and spent many hours on the
internet looking for some 3" T-Moulding to cover the oops and still
overlap my laminate floor as well. Does anyone know where I can find
this?

They don't make allowances for the "ooops" factor. Know anyone with
woodworking tools? They can probably make you something out of hardwood and
you can stain to match if needed. Or maybe a 2" back to back can be
modified to something else.

Posted to alt.home.repair
erh_5748

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"erh_5748" wrote in message
I have searched every store in town and spent many hours on the
internet looking for some 3" T-Moulding to cover the oops and still
overlap my laminate floor as well. Does anyone know where I can find
this?

They don't make allowances for the "ooops" factor. Know anyone with
woodworking tools? They can probably make you something out of hardwood and
you can stain to match if needed. Or maybe a 2" back to back can be
modified to something else.

Thanks for the replies guys..... I have some woodworking knowledge
and could probably pull it off, just hoping I could buy one rather than
have to make it. I'm going to look for a few more days before I give
up hope. I figure I can stretch it out for that long before I get
the option to sleep with the dog.......

Thanks again !