Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer

Default Cust steel sink?

I have need for a single steel sink that is under 17" total width. I'm not
having much luck finding anything used here in Calgary and new is over $100.

How hard is it to cut a double sink in half?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Noozer wrote:
I have need for a single steel sink that is under 17" total width. I'm not
having much luck finding anything used here in Calgary and new is over $100.

How hard is it to cut a double sink in half?

If you're talking about a stainless steel sink, it's trivial to cut a
sink in half. The trick will be in getting the sink edges looking
acceptable - assuming a top mounted sink.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Noozer" wrote in message
I have need for a single steel sink that is under 17" total width. I'm not
having much luck finding anything used here in Calgary and new is over
$100.

How hard is it to cut a double sink in half?

Not hard at all. It can be done on a metal cutting bandsaw in minutes.
You may end up with an ugly edge if appearance is a big factor. You can
probably cut it with a jig saw, but you can be pretty sure the edge will
really be ugly.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank K.

Do a search for a wet bar sink on EBay. There are a couple
for under $30.00. You can cut a sink using a right angle
grinder with a thin (1/16") metal cutting wheel and a piece
of wood as a guide. Make multiple passes rather than one
deep pass.

"Noozer" wrote in message
I have need for a single steel sink that is under 17" total
width. I'm not having much luck finding anything used here
in Calgary and new is over $100.

How hard is it to cut a double sink in half?

Urgent! undermount stainless sink advice need!!! John UK diy 9 April 18th 06 10:14 PM
silgranite sink stain [email protected] Home Repair 1 April 9th 06 11:35 PM
Replacing seal between S/S sink and the worktop Henry Law UK diy 5 April 5th 06 11:11 AM
Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 06:01 AM
Stainless sink suppliers John Hewitt UK diy 0 September 1st 04 08:09 PM