Posted to alt.home.repair

Default silgranite sink stain

We are having a new house built. We had a Blanco silgranit anthracite
(black) undermount sink installed in a granite kitchen counter. Last
week the painters washed their equipment in the black sink and now our
sink has the appearance of gray with white spots. I have tried washing
this discoloration out but the staining will not budge. My concern is
the builder may use some harsh chemical to remove the staining and the
sink will look fine for a month, then after we move in the sink will
look "trashed" in a short time and we will be stuck with it then. What
are others thoughts on the possibility of the builder getting this sink
to look new again or do we INSIST the sink be replaced. Can an
undermount sink in a granite counter be replaced with the counter in
place or does the counter need to be taken off? We have our walkthu
tomorrow. Thanx.

Posted to alt.home.repair
wayne

Contact Blanco for advice ask them what can remove the stains and find
out what they used to cause the stain. If Blanco cannot tell you how
to remove the stain and do send them pictures. DO NOT make the problem
yours. It is between the general contractor and the painter. if the
countertop has to be totally replaced it is still NOT your problem.
The way my undermount is it "could" be replaced but it would not be
easy.

Don't budge on this you paid for a sink without stains and that is what
you should get!

Wayne

wrote:

We are having a new house built. We had a Blanco silgranit anthracite
(black) undermount sink installed in a granite kitchen counter. Last
week the painters washed their equipment in the black sink and now our
sink has the appearance of gray with white spots. I have tried washing
this discoloration out but the staining will not budge. My concern is
the builder may use some harsh chemical to remove the staining and the
sink will look fine for a month, then after we move in the sink will
look "trashed" in a short time and we will be stuck with it then. What
are others thoughts on the possibility of the builder getting this
sink to look new again or do we INSIST the sink be replaced. Can an
undermount sink in a granite counter be replaced with the counter in
place or does the counter need to be taken off? We have our walkthu
tomorrow. Thanx.

Fiberglass Door Stain Billy Home Ownership 4 July 31st 06 03:22 PM
Extra Long Sink Clips [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 13th 06 02:58 PM
Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 06:01 AM
acid stain concrete WHoME? Home Repair 8 August 5th 04 03:05 AM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 04:16 AM