Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Warner

Default Garage door open alarm

I need a way to tell if my swing-up garage door is open or closed
without going outside to look at it. An indicator light or something
inside the house that tells me if the door is up or down.

Reason: Too many instances of me or one of the kids opening the door
and leaving it open all night, with thousands of dollars worth of tools
and other stuff inside. Garage faces the street. Anybody walking by
could snatch something off my workbench and be gone before we could do
anything about it.

Can't see the door from inside the house, so I want a way to tell at a
glance from inside the house if I need to go outside and close it for
the night.

-Frank

--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com/

Mains Smoke Alarm thankyousam UK diy 17 June 6th 06 04:53 PM
thoughts on garage conversions [email protected] UK diy 3 September 20th 05 10:11 AM
Two questions about security light above the garage door [email protected] Home Repair 4 May 26th 05 12:16 AM
Garage Supply - Spured off house sockets? Paul K UK diy 4 January 4th 04 05:44 PM
Building a garage above public sewer (UK) Capitol UK diy 3 July 15th 03 11:43 PM