Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Garage door open alarm

On Tue, 30 May 2006 11:55:41 -0700, Frank Warner
wrote:

I need a way to tell if my swing-up garage door is open or closed
without going outside to look at it. An indicator light or something
inside the house that tells me if the door is up or down.

Reason: Too many instances of me or one of the kids opening the door
and leaving it open all night, with thousands of dollars worth of tools
and other stuff inside. Garage faces the street. Anybody walking by
could snatch something off my workbench and be gone before we could do
anything about it.

Can't see the door from inside the house, so I want a way to tell at a
glance from inside the house if I need to go outside and close it for
the night.

It's hard to give the best advice from a text description.

Please email me your address and I'll stop by to look at the premises
up close and in detail.

-Frank