Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler

Default Carpet impressions

I've been relocating some furniture, and wherever there was anything heavy,
there is now a 'footprint' of the item in the carpet. The carpet is
commercial grade nylon, with ½" rebond pad. Is there an effective way to
make the fibers 'stand up' again so that the imprints are no longer visible?
TIA

----------------------------------
Easy's getting harder everyday.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"PanHandler" wrote in message
. ..
I've been relocating some furniture, and wherever there was anything
heavy, there is now a 'footprint' of the item in the carpet. The carpet is
commercial grade nylon, with ½" rebond pad. Is there an effective way to
make the fibers 'stand up' again so that the imprints are no longer
visible?
TIA

Time and running the vacuum over them works for our carpet. May vary a bit
with different fibers.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

Time and running the vacuum over them works for our carpet. May vary a
bit with different fibers.

Thanks Ed. I've tried several things, including a heavy duty hair-pick type
forked thing, after using a steam iron briefly thru wet toweling. This
carpet is pretty rugged stuff - after years of use it's not showing any
signs of wear. If an item isn't in one place too long, it springs back
pretty quickly, but older impressions are vividly outlined. Very unsightly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It often helps if you steam the crushed spots. Use a damp towel and an
iron, then "fluff up" the fibers a little with your fingers or
something (I have an old rat-tail comb and the tip works well for
this). Don't walk on the spots or vacuum until they are thoroughly dry
afterward.

Jo Ann

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"PanHandler" wrote in message
. ..
I've been relocating some furniture, and wherever there was anything
heavy, there is now a 'footprint' of the item in the carpet. The carpet is
commercial grade nylon, with ½" rebond pad. Is there an effective way to
make the fibers 'stand up' again so that the imprints are no longer
visible?
TIA

----------------------------------
Easy's getting harder everyday.

Put an ice cube in each divot. Let it melt. When wet, fluff it up. Works
good for me.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler

Thanks for the help folks. I'll try the ice cube thing next.

"Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" david lang UK diy 7 November 20th 05 07:29 PM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
Carpet problems, please help [email protected] Home Repair 11 January 10th 05 10:31 PM
What to do with Wet Carpet in a house? TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 4th 04 02:17 AM
while *laying* carpet; anticipating human "cow-trails"? David Combs Home Repair 7 January 31st 04 06:33 PM