Posted to alt.home.repair
csteer

Default GE Profile Dishwasher Problem(s)

A few weeks ago during a wash, the dishwasher got stuck in a cycle
where it kept opening and closing the water input soleniod and clicking
to release the detergent cover. It did this over and over until I
powered it down at the electrical panel circuit breaker. It then
worked fine. Then last week when we were out and left it washing, it
appeared to turn on the heater element and it (possibly) boiled the
water in the tub. The heater element was on for many hours. Now when
I run the dishwasher the cycle is fine, but water doesn't pump out. I
am assuming the control unit is failing and maybe the pump (which
sounds like it runs) has been effected by the heat. Any suggestions on
how to troubleshoot and what parts I should replace ?

Thanks

Ceri

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD

"csteer" wrote in message
oups.com...
A few weeks ago during a wash, the dishwasher got stuck in a cycle
where it kept opening and closing the water input soleniod and clicking
to release the detergent cover. It did this over and over until I
powered it down at the electrical panel circuit breaker. It then
worked fine. Then last week when we were out and left it washing, it
appeared to turn on the heater element and it (possibly) boiled the
water in the tub. The heater element was on for many hours. Now when
I run the dishwasher the cycle is fine, but water doesn't pump out. I
am assuming the control unit is failing and maybe the pump (which
sounds like it runs) has been effected by the heat. Any suggestions on
how to troubleshoot and what parts I should replace ?

Thanks

I would make a guess that the timer is on the way out. Never leave an
appliance running and leave the house or go to bed. One easy way to get
flooded or have the house burn down. My gas dryer stopped running but the
gas valve failed to shut. Checked it out when I saw smoke coming up through
the heating registers--the machine was so hot you couldn't keep your hand
on it. Maybe minutes from a major incident.
MLD

Ceri

connecting water supply to new dishwasher Bill Home Repair 4 August 3rd 05 02:23 AM
Bosch Dishwasher problems ! Adrian Brentnall UK diy 7 July 9th 05 08:32 AM
GE Dishwasher not draining problem Licensed to Quill Electronics Repair 7 June 27th 04 02:42 PM
Dishwasher Drain Greg Home Repair 2 June 8th 04 11:54 AM
dishwasher problems Angela UK diy 14 July 16th 03 10:22 PM