Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dewalt 1" SDS DW567 Drill question

I bought a used one, do not have it on hand, but need to buy some bits
for it. Is an SDS 1" drill universal or do I need to buy specific 1"
bits for dewailt?

Also, do hardware stores stock chuck adapters for SDS drills?

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack

wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a used one, do not have it on hand, but need to buy some bits
for it. Is an SDS 1" drill universal or do I need to buy specific 1"
bits for dewailt?

Also, do hardware stores stock chuck adapters for SDS drills?

thanks

SDS bits are standard and you don't need to buy DeWalt. BTW, Harbor Freight
has killer prices on SDS bits. I have not seen the chuck adapters at the
local hardware stores. Milwaukee has them packaged with the drill but not
sure they would sell you just the chuck.

Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

There are SDS and SDS Max drills. If you are sure about the SDS,
all will interchange. The 1" means nothing other than that is the
maximum sized bit meant to work with that drill. It will work all
the other sizes smaller than 1".

Once you have used an SDS bit, you really won't want a chuck and
adapter. The one made by Bosch is excellent, if you insist.
These are not hardware store items. Find a commercial tool vendor
in your area.

Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

oups.com...