Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack

Default Dealing with old neighbors... (long)

A few weeks ago I discovered that the floor in my house was sagging, so
I went under my house and found out I had a termite problem in my
crawlspace; the main support 6x8 beam was eaten up and rotting away. I
had the entire 30' beam replaced professionally before my floor
collapsed.

Then I called a exterminator he came over and inspected everything and
came to the conculsion the my neighbor is at fault. She has a carport
that has dry-rotted lumber attached to the side of the carport from the
ground-up. I believe this is true; because this ****-siding is facing
my house and it is the same side that has most of the termite problem.
The exterminator told me this attracts termites and my house is spaced
out only 10 feet from her carport.

BTW: This is a carport; except some dumbass thought it was a good idea
to put 2x12 lumber along the side and is almost as old (60yrs) as the
bitch using it:
http://www.absoluterv.com/single_slope_carport.htm

Now what do I do next? She is a 82 year old BITCH! You'll know if you
met her. Two years ago I had a new roof and vinyl siding put on my
house and she would come over to my yard bugging the contractors
everyday saying stuff like: "I don't like that siding, it doesn't match
the color of my window trim" or "I don't like the pattern of those roof
shingles; change it" She delayed the construction by a whole week
because of her bitchin. She bosses other neighbors around too, telling
them what to do and when to do it! This old bitch is crazy!!! She mows
her yard EVERYDAY!!! Takes pictures of everyone through the blinds of
her windows and put them in their mail boxes and keeps a copy for
herself. What the **** is that all about? I'm sure she kills the
flowers and trees my wife plants, because they always die after being
planted; my wife tried to plant them to block her view into our
windows. Theres more and more to explain....

She also has a old lesbian friend from across the street who is the
same way!!!

Seriously; What can I do? Call a inspector? Call an exorcist?
Thanks for reading this; Jack

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Jack wrote:
[...]

You can start off by stop being such an asshole. She's an old lady.
She's making your life difficult, but getting nasty won't help. If you
think she's mentally compromised, call social services instead of
venting on a newsgroup.

As far as the termites:
http://www.agr.state.nc.us/str-pest/...nstruction.htm

Termite colonies can be 20 feet under ground. If you knocked her house
down, that wouldn't necessarily fix the termite problem. Maintenance,
periodic treatment and observation are the only ways to deal with
termites. If you do a good enough job on your house, the termites will
find more palatable food, like her house. If your exterminator can't
figure out how to protect your house, and give you a guarantee, he's
not very good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think this is all your fault Jack ... sounds like she just needs a
good loven... maybe you could get that other lesbian bitch in on the
action ... your neighbor could even take pictures.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack

RicodJour wrote:
You can start off by stop being such an asshole. She's an old lady.
She's making your life difficult, but getting nasty won't help. If you
think she's mentally compromised, call social services instead of
venting on a newsgroup.

I'm an asshole? I'm speaking for the entire neighborhood!!! From my
understanding she been like that her whole life. Social services got
serveral phone calls from other neighbors complaining about her but
nothing can be done about it!!! She destroyed my neighbors motorcycle;
she lucky she didn't get killed (too bad though)!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri

Jack wrote in message
. com...
A few weeks ago I discovered that the floor in my house was sagging, so
I went under my house and found out I had a termite problem in my
crawlspace; the main support 6x8 beam was eaten up and rotting away. I
had the entire 30' beam replaced professionally before my floor
collapsed.

Sounds to me, like you're the problem Jack, termites be damned. You use
that kind of language about an old lady who has probably been there
since "Leave it to Beaver" was popular, and you want to change her, it's
not happening. Personally, after reading your post, I hope the damned
termites...eat your house. JMO

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wow; This sounds familiar. I wouldn't blame you from the sound of your
frustration. My friend had a neighbor who was the same way until the
old man was sent to a care home. Does she have family? Chances are, if
she dies, her family would move in and would act the same way. People
sue others for the dumbest **** nowadays, why don't you sue her for the
damages her wooden siding structure caused? I agree that if the
untreated wooden siding is touching the soil that would attract
termites. If it was me who lived next to a mental-defective who ****ed
with my motorcycle I would kill him or her. Mess with peoples personal
items then she deserves the name calling then; regardless of age or
mental state. All old people are like that sometimes; they "THINK" they
own the whole neighborhood or they are powerful in some way.

Also; Why does she mow the lawn everyday? Does her lesbian friend join
in on the vibration action? Take pictures of them in action, then put
the pictures in everyones mail boxes on the whole street!!! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack

Cheri wrote:
Sounds to me, like you're the problem Jack, termites be damned. You use
that kind of language about an old lady who has probably been there
since "Leave it to Beaver" was popular, and you want to change her, it's
not happening. Personally, after reading your post, I hope the damned
termites...eat your house. JMO

Cheri

OK; suppose if someone like this lived next to you and you woke up in
the morning to go and get the newspaper and discovered that your
neighbor rearranged or damaged stuff on your yard they way THEY LIKE IT
I'm sure your going say:

"Gosh; Ain't she a sweet old lady, and look at this, the kind old lady
park her car in my front driveway now can't drive to work; oh'well
guess I'm going to have to walk the 7 miles to work no big deal"

My grandfather live in this neighborhood longer than she has; and
according to him she ILLEGALLY built that carport 3 feet onto MY
PROPERTY. I'm not the only one in the block calling her names I'll
guarantee that!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumman-581

On 14 May 2006 00:58:18 -0700, "Jack"
wrote:
"Gosh; Ain't she a sweet old lady, and look at this, the kind old lady
park her car in my front driveway now can't drive to work; oh'well
guess I'm going to have to walk the 7 miles to work no big deal"

What a wimp... I would just hook a chain up to the car and drag it
down the street... She should be able to find it by following the tire
marks along the road...

She's 84... Wait for her to die and then go **** on her grave...
You'll feel better... Hell, take a couple of 6-packs with you and make
a day of it...
Posted to alt.home.repair
Abe

Sounds to me, like you're the problem Jack, termites be damned. You use
that kind of language about an old lady who has probably been there
since "Leave it to Beaver" was popular, and you want to change her, it's
not happening. Personally, after reading your post, I hope the damned
termites...eat your house. JMO

So you're saying that another person can mess with his stuff and his
privacy, and he should just accept it because she's an old lady who
has been there for a long time.

What universe are you living in? Because it ain't this one.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Dealing with old neighbors... (long) -----TROLL

clipped

Seriously; What can I do? Call a inspector? Call an exorcist?
Thanks for reading this; Jack

Call your mother; she will know what to do. Hope she grounds you and
takes away your computer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Jack wrote:
A few weeks ago I discovered that the floor in my house was sagging,

One of two solutions:

1. Quit trolling

2. See a local attorney.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are kids under the age of 18 years old who are full of life; die
of painful suffering deaths from cancer, heart disease, ect..
But for some reason "GOD" spare the lives of old people over 60yrs old
to do nothing but sit around their house all day eye-****ing there next
door neighbors. It's a damn shame!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Quit being an pain in the ass, bring her a cake its mothers day, maybe
then you will get the respect you don`t deserve.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m Ransley wrote:
Quit being an pain in the ass, bring her a cake its mothers day, maybe
then you will get the respect you don`t deserve.

Jack, Don't listen to these cocksucking trolls; they are not helping...
most probably ****ed their grannies in the ass, that's why they have
strong feeling for old people.
Jack, just bulldoze the old bitch's house then upload the pics for us
to see. As for the gift for mother day, **** in a box!!!; better yet
have the whole comminity who hates her **** in the box. Then show the
old **** who's boss.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Had a neighbor similiar to this, dumped her leaves in my yard, bossy,
complained I hadnt cleaned up my yard the first week of april, ahh that
weekend it had snowed WELL MY YARD IS CLEAN! Ahh you paid to have a
company do it on a weekday, I dont have the money for that nor the
time..

This got old really fast. Once she cmplained in early spring I hadnt
cut my grass, well mower is broke, I had taken it to repair shop. She
said thats no excuse.

Well the mower returned 2 days later and I cut my front lawn. The back
lawn, got its first cut the 4th of july, her home is directly behind
mine.this all happened in early spring. she never complained again.

she died some years ago, and as odd as this sounds I kinda miss her.
Some day we might all get old, and have nothing to do and family who
doesnt care...

for myself I try to not let stuff like this bother me.

if her whatever is on your property get your property surveyed, and go
from there. you say her garage is 3 feet into your land, did you get a
survey when you purchased your home? if not why not.

you know patience is a virtue, no one lives forever. heck the next
owner might have a few noisey drug addicted kids breaking into your
home, stealing your car, and their classy friends robbing you at
gunpoint.

you might look back at the old lady and remember the good old days when
you werent afraid for your life in your own home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

1 .... Whether or not she harbors trmites is absolutely None Of Your
Business!.
2.......Whether the structure is on your property or not is legally
posible to determine.
3.......Whether it is on your property on not may also depend up on the
law known as "Sqatters
Rights." Any action you take in haste may prove very
expensive.
4........It appears she has been there muchl onger than you so no doubt
knows whats legal.
5........So tread lightly until you know for sure where you stand.
6.........Last , but not least, Use some common sense.

Jack

Posted to alt.home.repair
Beachcomber

Hell, I'm a nice guy I work hard for a living; everyone in my
neighborhood knows that; but when I come home from work and see the
crap that goes on around my house because of her, thats when I get
****ed. All the tax payers money goes towards her to sit on her ass and
do nothing her whole life but boss people around. Get what I'm saying?
She never worked a day in her life!!!

Getting a court of law to prove that your termite damage is her fault
will be difficult, if not impossible.

Where did I say I was going to do all that? Yes, I know nothing can be
done about it; the damage is already done. But the way I look at it;
everyone in the block HATES HER, not me and I'm thinking I could rent a
bulldozer and tear the section of the carport down; you know; the 3
feet that is on MY PROPERTY!!! Hell, my other five neighbors are
willing to help me tear it down and clean it up. She destroyed
thousands of dollars of everyones property including the motorcycle she
purposely backed her car into. Her famliy probably doesn't give a ****
about her anymore. If she has any at all for that matter.

Well if you are for real and not a troll, just exactly what is she
doing that is illegal?

Sitting on her ass and not working is not illegal. There are lots of
people like this. Every hear of minding your own business?

Everybody on the block may have good reason for hating this woman, but
that in itself is not illegal.

You say she destroyed a motorcycle? There are legal remedies for
this. It sounds like you or whoever just ignored it.

If there was encrouchment on your property and you ignored it for
years, she may have earned legal rights as a squatter. The laws are
very clear on this.

Beachcomber

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Get your termite inspector to put in writing that the termites are from her
house, We will see how far you get with that? Then think about this,
someday you might reach 82 and you will most likely still be bitching about
the old lady that use to live next door to you. Lesbian there nothing like a
good Lesbian story , spices up a post especialy one were the poster makes
himself look like a A-Hole. Look at it this way you probley like the same
sexual stuff as a Lesibin, I know I do! Maybe were all (men) Lesbian?

Posted to alt.home.repair

little bit of kerosene and a match would solve your problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

little bit of kerosene and a match would solve your problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

In article om, Jack says...

Cheri wrote:
Sounds to me, like you're the problem Jack, termites be damned. You use
that kind of language about an old lady who has probably been there
since "Leave it to Beaver" was popular, and you want to change her, it's
not happening. Personally, after reading your post, I hope the damned
termites...eat your house. JMO

Cheri

OK; suppose if someone like this lived next to you and you woke up in
the morning to go and get the newspaper and discovered that your
neighbor rearranged or damaged stuff on your yard they way THEY LIKE IT
I'm sure your going say:

Call the police concerning the tresspass/vandalism.

"Gosh; Ain't she a sweet old lady, and look at this, the kind old lady
park her car in my front driveway now can't drive to work; oh'well
guess I'm going to have to walk the 7 miles to work no big deal"

Same as above. But, you *are* talking about your driveway - not the road in
front of your house, righit?

My grandfather live in this neighborhood longer than she has; and
according to him she ILLEGALLY built that carport 3 feet onto MY
PROPERTY. I'm not the only one in the block calling her names I'll
guarantee that!!!

Pursue that with the town planning/zoning board.

Calm down and deal with the problems as they occur.

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

Am I the only one that had a good laugh at this part?

Two years ago I had a new roof and vinyl siding put on my
house and she would come over to my yard bugging the contractors
everyday saying stuff like: "I don't like that siding, it doesn't match
the color of my window trim" or "I don't like the pattern of those roof
shingles; change it" She delayed the construction by a whole week
because of her bitchin. She bosses other neighbors around too, telling
them what to do and when to do it!

Jack talks tough, but what kind of pussy would let a little old lady
delay construction for a week like this? Simple enough to handle.
Tell her to stay off your property. Tell the contractor and workmen
not to talk or listen to her. If she comes on your property, call the
police. If Jack can't handle this, termites are the least of his
problems!

As for the termite problem itself, the simplest remedy would be to have
the termite company put a maximum strength barrier treatment along the
side of his structure facing little old lady's carport. The only
other remedy would be to get expert witnesses that would testify in
court that the carport is infested with termites, they are creating a
problem with your house, and there is no effective way to deal with it
on your own property. If you can prove all that, which I think is
unlikely, then you could prevail in a lawsuit.

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT

Sorry Jack, but you are turning into a male version of her. By the time she
dies, you will be the cantankerous, miserable, had-to-get-along-with
curmudgeon on your block with everyone plotting to get rid of you.

"Jack" wrote in message
ups.com...
Beachcomber wrote:
So what's your point? It doesn't sound like she's going anywhere...
Why go into a rage?

From what I've heard so far, I'd rather have her for a neighbor than
you.

Getting a court of law to prove that your termite damage is her fault
will be difficult, if not impossible.

I've had neighbors block my driveway before. The first time they do
it I knock on their door and politely ask them to move their vehicle.
The second time, I call the police and have them ticketed and towed.
(In my city, it's illegal to block a private driveway). You can bet
after $150 - 200 towing fees they get the message fast.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the carport is on YOUR property you have the right to remove the
part that infringes. That you can sue her for and you WILLwin.

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

wrote in message
oups.com...
If the carport is on YOUR property you have the right to remove the
part that infringes. That you can sue her for and you WILLwin.

After this many years, maybe not. Look up 'open and notorious usage'. She
may have a common-law easement. OP should find the corner pins for the lot
and verify if what Gramps said is true. If that takes a survey, it is money
well spent. If she is infringing, time to get with the city and find the
local procedures for encroachment cases.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair
David Martel

Sacramento,

I read the guys post and it sounded like a crazy rant to me. Both houses
have termite damage maybe. Do you really think this exterminator can say
where the termites started. Jack's termites may have damaged her carport.
She should sue.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Adams

Jack wrote:

[...]

You could be referring to my mother-in-law.

Seriously; What can I do? Call an inspector? Call an
exorcist? Thanks for reading this; Jack

You omitted "Call a hit man!" ROTFLMAO

You get the exterminator, an inspector, and anyone else you
can find AND sue her in Small Claims Court for the damages her
termites have done to your house.

Dick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mac Cool

Jack:
My grandfather live in this neighborhood longer than she has; and
according to him she ILLEGALLY built that carport 3 feet onto MY
PROPERTY.

Is that true?
--
Mac Cool