Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Some Caulking Questions

1) I have a blacktop driveway. Where it meets the concrete of the house
there is a
line of caulklike material, which is coming out. I pulled a chunk out
with my fingers
and took it to Lowes. They were clueless. it was black and a triangle
with 1/2 " edges
in crosssection. What should I be using to recaulk this seam. It's only
8 feet of run
so if I have to buy a couple cans of the $6 type caulk, I don't mind.

2) I used some GE Silicone 1 100% silicon window and door caulk to do
some
windows. I notice now that there are some seams above the windows with
caulk remnants.
Some oare aluminum siding - brick and some are aluminium siding -
aluminum siding.
Can I use the same caulk for these or do I need some kind of special
stuff?

3) I have an enclosed porch with a seam running along the base that I
want to caulk. Most
of the seam is linoleum tiles - wood and some is linoleum tiles -
concrete. Most
of the seam is 3/8" ish but one section has a much larger gap. What
should I use for this?

4) Well, since I've already worn out my wellcome, might as well throw
in one more. :-)
I have some 3/8" cracks in my backtop driveway.Has anyone tried this
blacktop filler
caulk they have?

Thanks!

-P

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimi

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Hello,

Yes, I bought a product from the home depot called "Black Night" and
it is used to repair cracks in asphalt driveways. It comes in a squeeze
bottle. Just apply it on a hot day and it will lay in the cracks and seal
your driveway up.