Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Pacc

Default Cleaning vinyl siding

My house has white vinyl siding,we had storm with rain and high winds,my
neighbor has red maple tree and lot of leaves stuck to the siding,now I have
reddish stains where the leaves where ,any way of getting rid of these
stains?,Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 13 May 2006 04:40:54a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Tony Pacc?

My house has white vinyl siding,we had storm with rain and high winds,my
neighbor has red maple tree and lot of leaves stuck to the siding,now I
have reddish stains where the leaves where ,any way of getting rid of
these stains?,Thanks

TSP?

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

On Sat, 13 May 2006 06:40:54 -0500, "Tony Pacc"
wrote:

My house has white vinyl siding,we had storm with rain and high winds,my
neighbor has red maple tree and lot of leaves stuck to the siding,now I have
reddish stains where the leaves where ,any way of getting rid of these
stains?,Thanks

What comes to mind here is a mix...

1 cup household bleach
1/2 cup TSP
warm water to make 1 gallon of solution

Stir the TSP in about 1 pint of very warm water until dissolved. Put
into a garden sprayer. Add water and bleach to make 1 gallon. I use
a soft brush with an extension pole attached, and a garden hose for
rinsing. I use this method and mix to wash my house once a year. You
can use a product called Jomax instead of the TSP, available at the
BORG.

Tree leaves have a tendency to stain siding, decks, and concrete,
although I have found that several weeks of sunlight removes most of
the stains.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Shcr

[...]

=======================
Would that work well for the chalking issue as well? My vinyl siding needs
to be cleaned due to the chalking.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

TSP is a very strong detergent. Some plants may be sensitive to it,
but I have had no problems with fescue, hydrangeas, peonies, hosta or
clematis. If too strong either detergents or bleach can damage plants.
It helps to rinse well.

On Sat, 13 May 2006 09:30:35 -0500, "twfsa" wrote:

Whats the TSP do to the yard?

Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

On Sat, 13 May 2006 06:55:46 -0700, "Shcr" wrote:

[...]

Not sure. Caulking preparation requires a clean surface--you could
use (non-sudsy) household ammonia or rubbing alcohol, or a 50/50 mix
of these two. The rubbing alcohol dries faster and for a good caulk
job you want a clean dry surface.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Shcr

It was chalking (fine powder) not caulking. I can run my finger along the
siding and get the powdery residue.

Vinyl Siding losthenfound Home Repair 12 March 11th 06 02:44 AM
"Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" david lang UK diy 7 November 20th 05 07:29 PM
100 yr old house, stucco over wood siding - now vinyl siding on top? [email protected] Home Repair 7 September 26th 05 08:52 PM
Vinyl siding to replace wood siding. ADD Home Repair 7 May 11th 05 02:22 PM
Vinyl windows and siding: need to make decision Pat Kiewicz Home Repair 1 July 10th 03 03:09 PM