Posted to alt.home.repair
losthenfound

Default Vinyl Siding

Vinyl Siding can devalue your Home and make it less desirable.

Vinyl Siding is highly flamable and toxic fumes can kill you before you
have a chance to escape a building fire.

Vinyl Siding Leaks and Toxic Mold can flourish behind it.

Vinyl Siding has to be frequently replaced because it fades and becomes
brittle.

Vinyl Siding Cracks easily.

Vinyl Siding is not energy efficient. (Myth #1 Shattered)

Vinyl Siding can become a maintenance nightmare.

....And the VSI even states that it is only a "Supplemental Rain
Screen."---WOW

http://fourseasonsroofingandsiding.c...nyl.siding.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"losthenfound" wrote in message
oups.com...

Terrible way to promote yourself.

I'm sticking with the vinyl on my house. I just love it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

losthenfound wrote:

The one thing worse than vinyl siding is a SPAMer. Why would anyone buy
from this kind of guy.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Aluminum siding is way more durable, and can be repainted to look like
new.

Vinyl siding can also be repainted. How durable is durable? Mine is 28
years old and still looks good. I figure another 10+ years for it. Maybe
then I'll paint it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Aluminum siding is way more durable, and can be repainted to look like
new.

Vinyl siding can also be repainted. How durable is durable? Mine is 28
years old and still looks good. I figure another 10+ years for it. Maybe
then I'll paint it.

The paint is pealing off the steel or aluminum siding on a house across
the street. Looks terrible. House next to it with 15 year old Vinyl
looks like newly painted wood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

A very good friend was ANTI SIDING, espically vinyl till her hubby
installed some in a hard to reach area.

free of repainting, happy with the added insulation making the bedroom
warmer, and generally thrilled she wants her entire home resided with
vinyl!

Brick is better but vinyl is fine!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 03:06:08 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Aluminum siding is way more durable, and can be repainted to look like
new.

Vinyl siding can also be repainted. How durable is durable? Mine is 28
years old and still looks good. I figure another 10+ years for it. Maybe
then I'll paint it.

Mine is 14 years old. It takes a beating from the sun. The only
maintenance I've ever done is to clean it, and it cleans *very*
easily.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Funny how the original poster tried knocking vinyl but the posters love
it

Posted to alt.home.repair
Marvel

Funny how dogs chase cars till they get hit
wrote in message
oups.com...
Funny how the original poster tried knocking vinyl but the posters love
it

Posted to alt.home.repair

Marvel is a marvel in failure, wonder if he has stock in alunimum?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Marvel

I would not go with metal siding, I use alunimum coil for trim and fascia
Funny how a Jack Ass sits when you tell it to go
wrote in message
oups.com...
Marvel is a marvel in failure, wonder if he has stock in alunimum?