Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

Default Cleaning vinyl siding

On Sat, 13 May 2006 06:40:54 -0500, "Tony Pacc"
wrote:

My house has white vinyl siding,we had storm with rain and high winds,my
neighbor has red maple tree and lot of leaves stuck to the siding,now I have
reddish stains where the leaves where ,any way of getting rid of these
stains?,Thanks

What comes to mind here is a mix...

1 cup household bleach
1/2 cup TSP
warm water to make 1 gallon of solution

Stir the TSP in about 1 pint of very warm water until dissolved. Put
into a garden sprayer. Add water and bleach to make 1 gallon. I use
a soft brush with an extension pole attached, and a garden hose for
rinsing. I use this method and mix to wash my house once a year. You
can use a product called Jomax instead of the TSP, available at the
BORG.

Tree leaves have a tendency to stain siding, decks, and concrete,
although I have found that several weeks of sunlight removes most of
the stains.