Posted to alt.home.repair
Prism_Rock

Default Shower Drain replacement - Wingtite?

Hi everyone!

Has anyone ever tried to install the Wingtite shower drain (see the web
page at www.plumbrite.com)? I have a plastic/fiberglass corner shower
stall on the second floor. The drain was leaking, and I removed it
(perhaps a little too ambitious) down to the 2" abs drain riser. I
have tongue in groove wood panelling on the floor below, so I don't
want to cut into my ceiling. The wingtite drain says it can be
installed from the top down (which is ideal).

Have you used it? Success/failure?

Easy to install? No leaks?

Any help is appreciated! All the literature on the net is produced by
the company!

Thanks!