Posted to alt.home.repair
John Hanks

Default Move small shed

Hi,

I want to move slightly a small shed that is in our backyard. It was
installed a little out of square to the property lines by a previous owner.
It is stick built similar to a Home Depot/type kit, floor is about 10'x12'
and it sits on blocks, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. Should I just
prepare another surface next to the blocks and push? It doesn't need to go
far, just about 10" or so.

The building is solid now and fairly square. I want to make sure I don't
lose that squareness when I move it so the doors don't close tightly, etc.

Thanks,

John

Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Oman

John Hanks wrote:

Hi,

I want to move slightly a small shed that is in our backyard. It was
installed a little out of square to the property lines by a previous owner.
It is stick built similar to a Home Depot/type kit, floor is about 10'x12'
and it sits on blocks, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. Should I just
prepare another surface next to the blocks and push? It doesn't need to go
far, just about 10" or so.

The building is solid now and fairly square. I want to make sure I don't
lose that squareness when I move it so the doors don't close tightly, etc.

Thanks,

John

I have purchased several similar sized sheds that are delivered fully
built. They move them around (once they're off the trailer!) on pieces
of pvc pipe - move by pushing - no mechanical power needed.

paul
Posted to alt.home.repair
John Hanks

Thanks!

On 5/9/06 2:41 PM, in article
, "Paul Oman"
wrote:

John Hanks wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

If the shed does show instability when you move it in the form of racking or
twisting, you can probably nail up a few diagonal braces across the studs
and/or rafters inside to make it stiffer for the move.

"John Hanks" wrote in message
Thanks!

On 5/9/06 2:41 PM, in article
, "Paul Oman"
wrote:

John Hanks wrote:

[...]

make a small room look Big Banker Pete Home Repair 5 April 26th 06 04:28 PM
Wiring the garden shed Declan UK diy 17 January 18th 06 09:05 PM
Shed Fixing PoP UK diy 3 April 16th 04 08:02 PM
On the subject of a garden shed Andrew McKay UK diy 3 August 27th 03 04:31 PM
Spur feed to garden shed... Me UK diy 4 August 6th 03 10:13 AM