Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri

Default Question about cost

An electrician came by today and gave me an estimate for replacing a
range hood which I purchased, (same style, same size) and for putting in
a regular electrical outlet for two plug ins. He told me it would be
$200.00. I have no idea what these things cost, so is that a fair price?
Thanks.

--
Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
An electrician came by today and gave me an estimate for replacing a
range hood which I purchased, (same style, same size) and for putting in
a regular electrical outlet for two plug ins. He told me it would be
$200.00. I have no idea what these things cost, so is that a fair price?
Thanks.

--
Cheri

For something that small it may not matter but for larger items (new heater
for instance), it pays to get several estimates, no less than 3. As well,
check the BBB website (www.bbb.org I believe) to check to see if they are
rated well or not. At least with several estimates and a decent BBB
rating, you have a better chance of a successful job.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

Prices can vary from location and depending on what is really
involved. Installing an electrical outlet could be a 10 minute job
or, it may take an hour. The only way you are going to know if it's a
fair price is to get a few more estimates. Look for proof of "Bonded
and Insured."

On Tue, 9 May 2006 05:26:58 -0700, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom
wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote in message ...

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
An electrician came by today and gave me an estimate for replacing a
range hood which I purchased, (same style, same size) and for putting

in
a regular electrical outlet for two plug ins. He told me it would be
$200.00. I have no idea what these things cost, so is that a fair

price?
Thanks.

Sounds about right.

Thanks much.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair
IVB

I paid $150 per new circuit, which included 1 outlet install. This is in
Nor-Cal, which is certainly higher than avg when it comes to labor costs.

Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I
may discuss.

Last Updated 4/11 - My Personal Websites w/ my integrated HT & HAPC system
www.myhomeautomationpc.com

My HA/HT Blog: http://homeautomation.wordpress.com/