Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Direct Buy

I've signed up for the high pressure sales pitch next week but after reading
some negative comments on some websites I may blow it off.

However, I know unhappy customers are far more likely to post in the
internet, so now I seek balance.

Does anyone have any comments positive or negative about this buying group.
Any happy customers out there?

Posted to alt.home.repair
gsd

"PipeDown" wrote in message
et...
I've signed up for the high pressure sales pitch next week but after
reading some negative comments on some websites I may blow it off.

However, I know unhappy customers are far more likely to post in the
internet, so now I seek balance.

Does anyone have any comments positive or negative about this buying
group. Any happy customers out there?

The fact that it was a high pressure sales pitch should tell you all you
need to know. I've read some reports on this forum:

http://ownerbuilderbook.com/forum/

which were mostly negative. You can look there if you can figure out how to
search and stand the very slow web server.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

WE had the high pressure sales pitch too. My wife and I had made a decision
to look into Direct buy, we called them then they returned my call. I was
given a choice of two dates in which to show up for a tour of the facility.
The woman then asked if we had children, I affirmed this and was told that
they prefer NOT to have children along with the tour. Then she decided to
offer me to get a babysitter for the evening. She offered our inlaws I said
they live in another state and overseas, she then asked about friends, we
just moved here been here a whole two months. I don't trust anyone I've know
for two months with my child. THats when I got curious and did more
checking, I found out the mebership price 4500.00 I them called back to
cancel, I was then given another date I declined and was asked why, PRICE I
said, "Well, how did you find out our price?" I said I did some
investigating I found out a price of 3500.00 She asked weel what price have
you heard. Then she sadi well that was last years price this years
is )(*$(*^#$, WHAT???? NEVERMIND CLICK

Searcher

Longer story shortened

Posted to alt.home.repair

No ! It's a scam ! RUN ! Seriously, this is pure BS. Don't even go.
Yes it's $4,000 or so and NO you cannot make that up through better
deals on stuff.