Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
JD

Default Prepping my townhouse for sale

I am in the middle of trying to sell the townhouse we lived in for 22
years. We've done about 6k in renovations (painting, redoing hardwood
floors, etc). We bought an unattached house 2 years ago and have been
carrying 2 mortgages, so we have very little $ for anything thing else.
The townhouse is in a complex that's 30 years old. We redid the
kitchen back in 88. All agents we interviewed it came up with from 199K
to 225K and we split the middle. However, we've only had 1 offer and
that was for 160 (finally going to 180). Our listing is up in 30 days
and we're constantly being told to update this or update that. It's in
much better shape right now than it was when we bought it AND the house
we bought is older than the townhouse. Seems people now are too lazy
to look past the superficial and see what's underneath. I can't keep
putting $ into this cause we simply don't have it. The bathrooms
haven't been upgraded, but I am going to do the lights and mirrors. No
$ for the rest.

Seems that everyone wants 2006 in a 30 year old house and they want
someone else to do it.