Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No hot water

(I have a Speed Queen model n3511 washing machine).

Hot water is not entering the tub.

Cold water comes out (at full-strength) of the cold-water hose.

Hot water comes out (at full-strength) of the hot-water hose.

I just replaced the water-inlet valve and the water-temperature switch.

What else could be causing the problem and how do I fix it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

Are you selecting hot wash on the control knob?

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
oups.com...
(I have a Speed Queen model n3511 washing machine).

Hot water is not entering the tub.

Cold water comes out (at full-strength) of the cold-water hose.

Hot water comes out (at full-strength) of the hot-water hose.

I just replaced the water-inlet valve and the water-temperature switch.

What else could be causing the problem and how do I fix it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I took the old water inlet valve to an appliance part store. They
checked the continuity and it was OK. I concluded that there might be
a mechanical problem in the valve so I bought a new valve plus a new
water-temperature switch.

Hot water comes out of the hot-water hose and cold water comes out of
the cold-water hose and the filter screens (in the water inlet valve)
are clean. The washing machine is in the "normal" cycle and the
water-temperature knob is at "Hot".

I'll try switching the hoses and I'll post an update.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I switched the hoses and now hot water goes into the tub, regardless of
the position of the water temperature knob. (Previously, only COLD
water got into the tub. Now, only HOT water gets into the tub. What's
causing the one-temperature problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I switched the hoses and now hot water goes into the tub, regardless of
the position of the water temperature knob. (Previously, only COLD
water got into the tub. Now, only HOT water gets into the tub. What's
causing the one-temperature problem?

Did you try what I told you earlier? The valve is evidently not opening.
It is probably not getting power for some reason. Check that first. Then,
if it is not getting power, just trace it back to the source. Is power
getting to the switch? Are all the connectors good?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young

wrote in message
oups.com...
I switched the hoses and now hot water goes into the tub, regardless of
the position of the water temperature knob. (Previously, only COLD
water got into the tub. Now, only HOT water gets into the tub. What's
causing the one-temperature problem?

A bad timer/programmer or connection between it and the valve.
Don Young