Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse

Default Any idea on how to find original plans for a house?

Just purchased a property in Miami, built in 1972, sold to second owner in
1985 and now sold to me. House was custom built and has a lot of unique
features but unable to find any plans.

Went to the Dade County buildings department, was told any plans between
1961 and 1972 were on microfiche but those were "eaten up" by parasites and
all gone. Nothing is left.

Last owner is an elderly who had a stroke and cannot remember much, not even
the combination to the floor safe in the house, or much of anything. Looked
through the house and no plans.

Tracked down original owner who is the architect, says he has retired and
closed his business and all plans were thrown out.

Then I started to trace the mortgage lenders...too bad all of those BLAH
BLAH BLAH Savings and Loan Associations no longer in business, only one
survived and have nothing older than 1996 at all.

Any idea of where else I might look to locate any plans that might show
sewer, water, electrical, structural, there are a lot of conduits in the
house for alarms, intercom, central vac, electrical...now everything has to
be done by trial and error and if we have to do any remodeling we have to
hire an architect to redo the plans...not looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance,

MC

Prescott plans a new disaster for house sales Christopher Booker Telegraph Ophelia UK diy 55 January 30th 06 11:23 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
more fun with air conditioning J Jensen Home Repair 93 September 7th 04 10:39 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM