Posted to alt.home.repair
greg_9

Default Outdoor water heater shed, where to buy?

I recently replaced my 55-gallon gas water heater with a 50-gal model.
I foolishly assumed the new model, being less capacity, would fit into
the sheet metal shed attached to the back of my house. Alas, the new
heater is wider and the old shed won't quite fit.

I've searched online for why to buy a new, pre-fab water heater shed,
and I can't find anything.

I live in Los Angeles. Do they have be custom built? Where do I go? Any
suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw

greg_9 wrote:
I recently replaced my 55-gallon gas water heater with a 50-gal model.
I foolishly assumed the new model, being less capacity, would fit into
the sheet metal shed attached to the back of my house. Alas, the new
heater is wider and the old shed won't quite fit.

I've searched online for why to buy a new, pre-fab water heater shed,
and I can't find anything.

I live in Los Angeles. Do they have be custom built? Where do I go? Any
suggestions?

Thanks.

I had forgotten about that oddity in some SoCal homes. It is far from
common in most areas of the country so a local vendor is likely to be
your best recourse.

If you gave a dimension it would be easier to give a SWAG about a
source. Anyway, Lowe's sells what they call a 30" enclosure and I
suspect that they may be able to special order larger ones.

Watch for the wrap on this link:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...-30&lpage=none

--
John McGaw