Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help with riding mower ignition problem

I have a 10 year old Poulin Pro that has a Kohler engine. The
symptoms of my problem are simple. After the mower has sat overnight,
it is easy to start. Even if I run it only a short time, it is easy
to start. However, if I run it for an hour or two and shut it down, I
may not be able to start it back up. It appears that the problem
occurs only if the engine has been run an extensive amount of time and
then shut down. In that case, it won't start until I let it sit
overnight. What is going on? Any advice will be appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll bet its gas related.

If its not flooding, which you could tell by the smell, or excess gas
dripping out, then it is probably going to need to be choked.

Hope this helps.

Lewis.

******

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Common to electronic ignition modules or even a coil, see if you get
spark when it won`t start, if you get spark its fuel related, try Either
and look at your plug to see if its flooded or starved, I bet its
electrical as on 2 machines I just replaced the ignition module with the
same symptoms.