Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chimney Tear down

I have a chimney I have decided to teardown since it is not needed
(located in the family room). I already have another chimney in the
living room. The chimney also has cracks where it rests next to the
roof - another reason why I want it taken down.

I am being charged $3000 to tear it down which includes labor and
material which will be used to construct the hole in the wall and the
roof. New inner/outer walls along with the roof will be left as if the
chimney never existed (code of course).

Should I be concerned about anything? My concern is that I'm paying too
much. Am I?

I hope I didn't exclude any tibit of information - I'm located in Los
Angeles, CA.

Much Appreciated,

type of chimney to install? Ari Home Repair 10 April 26th 06 02:17 AM
how to convert brick chimney to metal pipe? [email protected] Home Repair 3 October 26th 05 02:17 PM
Fireplace / Chimney Question [email protected] Home Ownership 15 December 22nd 04 02:12 PM
Chimney Question Rob Gray Home Repair 1 October 21st 04 03:16 AM
[Fwd: Chimney cap replacement questions] RB Home Repair 0 December 26th 03 07:13 PM