Posted to alt.home.repair
Bonnie

Default Treated Lumber Question

Can you use galvanized nails in treated lumber? I thought I read somewhere
you couldn't. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Bonnie

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Can you use galvanized nails in treated lumber? I thought I read somewhere
you couldn't. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Bonnie

The new stuff will corrode galvanized. Best to use stainless steel screws.
For some good information, especially if you are talking a deck, go to
www.mcfeelys.com They have it all.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison

Bonnie wrote:
Can you use galvanized nails in treated lumber? I thought I read somewhere
you couldn't. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Bonnie

Yes, but they must be double hot dipped galvanized. You
cannot use electrogalvanized nails in treated.

Read: http://www.ufpi.com/product/ptlumber/fasteners.htm

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Pressure Treated Lumber warbler Woodworking 7 October 20th 05 09:20 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
French lumber question Hitch Woodworking 3 September 8th 04 05:14 PM
Reclaiming pressure treated lumber for outdoor furniture [email protected] Woodworking 15 August 24th 04 03:36 AM
Proper fasteners for ACQ treated lumber? scott Home Repair 4 April 24th 04 06:00 PM