Posted to alt.home.repair
Photon713

Default Cement Slurry for Patio

I have a fairly large patio with 8 x 8 pavers spaced about 1/2
apart. Every few years I have to remove the cracked up grout
and replace it with new Sakrete. If I sweep it in, the residue left
on the pavers remains for a year or so. I am considering using
a cement slurry this year. Has anyone had success with this
process? I was thinking of making it fairly thin to self level.
What other product would work better? Is there a product
that will allow the excess cement to wash off of the pavers
when watering down the Sakrete?

Regards...Bob

--
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

A concrete sealing product will act as a grout release, the label should
indicate that fact if it is an appropriate product. I think a surface sealer
(acrylic) will work better than a penetrating (water repellant only) sealer
would for your application. Don't hesitate to call tech support for the
products you identify to confirm your application apporpriateness.