Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark and Gloria Hagwood

Default Garage Door Transmitter

We have the "Homelink" system in two autos, but nothing in
our third. We have two door operators. One is a year 2000
Chamberlin Liftmaster and the other a Chamberlin with the
new rolling code receiver. There is also a gate opener
involved.

The problem is that while the Homelink transmitters in both
autos were easily programmed to operate all three receivers
(rolling code, preprogrammed security code and no code
(gate)) none of the remotes can operate anything but their
specific receivers. This means THREE transmitters on the
visor of my old car. I checked with Lowe's, Home Depot and
Sears, and nobody sells a 3-button universal remote that can
act in the same fashion as the Homelink in the good cars.

Does anybody have a suggestion about where to find a
3-button universal LEARNING remote control that does rolling
code, preprogrammed code and no code?

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't understand what you mean by no code. What is the brand & model
of the receiver in the gate?

Doordoc

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Wont any 3 button remote work. Also your car can control X10 modules.
X10 remotes do work with your set up, Everything you have originated
and is X10 protical, even Radio Shack PlugnPower is X10

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Mark and Gloria Hagwood wrote:
[...]

Have you contacted homelink?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark and Gloria Hagwood

m Ransley wrote:
Wont any 3 button remote work. Also your car can control X10 modules.
X10 remotes do work with your set up, Everything you have originated
and is X10 protical, even Radio Shack PlugnPower is X10

That's good to know, but all three buttons are in use- door
1 (rolling code) door 2 non-rolling code and gate. We have
quite a few X-10 items here, and it would be hand in a way.

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark and Gloria Hagwood

Joseph Meehan wrote:
[...]

I googled Homelink and only found references to automotive
ones that are built into visors or new autos.

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair
g.a.miller

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:05:56 -0700, Mark and Gloria Hagwood
wrote:

[...]

mark The only thing I can suggest is maybe get the new rolling code
reciver to install on the other two that have the older types. You
would be more secure with them. You can call Liftmaster and order or
see your local authorized liftmaster dealer.
Best regards
anthony

at http://www.TitanNews.com