jkn

Default external light for TT earthed garage?

Hi there
I have a garage situated 12-15m from the house, with a ... TT, is
it? earthing system - 2-core armoured cable run to a CU in the garage
and an earth rod near the garage connected to the garage earth. There
are separate lighting and power circuits in the garage run off the CU

The garage could benefit from an outside light - I have in mind a
bulkhead type light with a weatherproof switch. Would it be OK to run
this off the garage lighting circuit and are there any special
precautions I should take?

Thanks for your thoughts

Jon N

Andy Wade

jkn wrote:

The garage could benefit from an outside light - I have in mind a
bulkhead type light with a weatherproof switch. Would it be OK to run
this off the garage lighting circuit

Yes.

and are there any special precautions I should take?

No.

--
Andy
jkn

Thanks Andy!

HELP!!!! External Sensor Flood light Mali UK diy 17 March 14th 05 10:48 PM
Adding a single light to a dual switch light system Tom Edelbrok Home Repair 9 January 8th 05 08:40 PM
add a light in bedrooms tweety Home Repair 17 March 11th 04 11:22 AM
changing a light bulb Joe Home Repair 6 March 8th 04 06:30 PM
Installing power sockets and light into an adjacent garage Andy Hide UK diy 0 July 21st 03 10:00 AM