Posted to alt.home.repair
Paco

Default Gas surface burner igniter problem

No spark on either righ or left. All control switches work. If I short the
spark on either side the other side works perfectly. What do you think?
TIA Paco
Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

How do you short it, maybe the supply wire is open. Replace all the wires,
they get cooked pretty well down there. Replace the spark gaps too, there
may be a resistive short across them which together is enough to extinguish
the arc. Cleaning the spark gaps might be enough.

"Paco" wrote in message
No spark on either righ or left. All control switches work. If I short the
spark on either side the other side works perfectly. What do you think?
TIA Paco

Posted to alt.home.repair
Paco

I shorted the center electrode to the side of the barrel. If I short the
left side, the right side gives a full spark and vice versa. Otherwise
they make a sporadic tiny tick and a feeble spark. I cleaned the electrode
and the tip inside the barrel as a well as the inside of the barrel.
(Sorry if I am not using the correct terminology) Which wires need
replacing? The ones that go to the center elecrode? What do you mean by
"replace the spark gap? These are like a tiny tin can with a hole on each
side and a tit on the top that jumps the spark to the center electrode. Is
it the can or barrel that needs to be replaced. It is a JennAir about 12
years old.

Thanks, Paco