Posted to alt.home.repair
JOHNSONFK

Default HOW MANY SQUARES IS IT

51 SQUARES OF SHINGLES EQUALS HOW MANY BUNDLES OF SHINGLES
Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

What type of shingles? I can hear you just fine, by the way. Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy

Andy replies:

Typically 3 bundles to a square.

100 square feet to a square.

The bundles are constructed to a given weight so that one man can
conveniently carry it up a ladder..... or not so conveniently,
depending
on the man :)))

If it is different anywhere else, I've never run into it...

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

3 tabs=3 bundles per. Dimensionals=4 bdls per. cedar machine cut=4
bdls per. I forget cedar shakes. Tom. "Give the man a fish".

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On 21 Apr 2006 10:18:04 -0700, "tom" wrote:

3 tabs=3 bundles per. Dimensionals=4 bdls per. cedar machine cut=4
bdls per. I forget cedar shakes. Tom. "Give the man a fish".

HOW MANY SHINGLES ARE THERE IN A FISH

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

mm wrote: HOW MANY SHINGLES ARE THERE IN A FISH

Uh, those would be "scales". Gotta
love these new trolls! Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:03:50 -0400, mm
wrote:

On 21 Apr 2006 10:18:04 -0700, "tom" wrote:

3 tabs=3 bundles per. Dimensionals=4 bdls per. cedar machine cut=4
bdls per. I forget cedar shakes. Tom. "Give the man a fish".

HOW MANY SHINGLES ARE THERE IN A FISH

Add $20 to each one beyond the first, and append $3F.

That DOES mean something, it's just that you may not know what.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

wrote:

On 21 Apr 2006 10:18:04 -0700, "tom" wrote:

3 tabs=3 bundles per. Dimensionals=4 bdls per. cedar machine cut=4
bdls per. I forget cedar shakes. Tom. "Give the man a fish".

HOW MANY SHINGLES ARE THERE IN A FISH

Add $20 to each one beyond the first, and append $3F.

That DOES mean something, it's just that you may not know what.

OK!
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I don't think Benjamin Franklin actually said this. I looked it up,
and one problem is that lunch wasn't a (common?) word then. Plus I
think there is no record that he said it.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

wrote:

On 21 Apr 2006 10:18:04 -0700, "tom" wrote:

3 tabs=3 bundles per. Dimensionals=4 bdls per. cedar machine cut=4
bdls per. I forget cedar shakes. Tom. "Give the man a fish".

HOW MANY SHINGLES ARE THERE IN A FISH

Add $20 to each one beyond the first, and append $3F.

That DOES mean something, it's just that you may not know what.

OK!

As a clue, I liked writing assembly language programs for the
Commodore-64. That (different) use of '$' is important. The last 'F'
is not a typo.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I don't think Benjamin Franklin actually said this. I looked it up,
and one problem is that lunch wasn't a (common?) word then. Plus I
think there is no record that he said it.

So, you think he wouldn't have said "lunch". He would have had a word
for it although it could be one that most people don't know now. It
that case, it was translated into modern English.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

I don't think Benjamin Franklin actually said this. I looked it up,
and one problem is that lunch wasn't a (common?) word then. Plus I
think there is no record that he said it.

So, you think he wouldn't have said "lunch". He would have had a word
for it although it could be one that most people don't know now. It
that case, it was translated into modern English.

It's more commonly translated as "dinner".
Although that doesn't speak to whether he actually said it.

"If you want your words to seem more profound,
pretend that Ben Franklin said them first."
--Ben Franklin.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:49:46 -0400, Goedjn wrote:

I don't think Benjamin Franklin actually said this. I looked it up,
and one problem is that lunch wasn't a (common?) word then. Plus I
think there is no record that he said it.

So, you think he wouldn't have said "lunch". He would have had a word
for it although it could be one that most people don't know now. It
that case, it was translated into modern English.

It's more commonly translated as "dinner".

I always used "dinner" to mean a special occasion. Regular meals were
"lunch" and "supper". Different people do it differently.

Although that doesn't speak to whether he actually said it.

Maybe he did.

I still wouldn't want to include that attribution if he didn't.

Someday. maybe I'll fix it to these sig quotes change automatically.