Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default HOW MANY SQUARES IS IT

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:50:28 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:20:17 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:03:50 -0400, mm
wrote:

On 21 Apr 2006 10:18:04 -0700, "tom" wrote:

3 tabs=3 bundles per. Dimensionals=4 bdls per. cedar machine cut=4
bdls per. I forget cedar shakes. Tom. "Give the man a fish".

HOW MANY SHINGLES ARE THERE IN A FISH

Add $20 to each one beyond the first, and append $3F.

That DOES mean something, it's just that you may not know what.

OK!

As a clue, I liked writing assembly language programs for the
Commodore-64. That (different) use of '$' is important. The last 'F'
is not a typo.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I don't think Benjamin Franklin actually said this. I looked it up,
and one problem is that lunch wasn't a (common?) word then. Plus I
think there is no record that he said it.

So, you think he wouldn't have said "lunch". He would have had a word
for it although it could be one that most people don't know now. It
that case, it was translated into modern English.