Posted to alt.home.repair
Olivio Munoz

Default Looking for large amount.

Hello home repair, I have a large project that i am about to start and I am
looking for 5/8inch thick drywall. i am looking for some sort of company
that can sell me 400 sheets and up and is located in or near Chicago
Illinois. but I just do not know where I can go for that kind of amount
with out going to homedepot, menards, or lowes. Because I AM LOOKING TO
SAVE SOME MONEY ON THAT KIND OF QUANTITY.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

Try 84 lumber

http://84lumber.com/stores/state_details.asp?state=il

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Olivio Munoz" wrote in message
news:cccc9e46c58ec1ed2d40fc08753b59c6@homerepairli ve.com...
Hello home repair, I have a large project that i am about to start and I
am
looking for 5/8inch thick drywall. i am looking for some sort of company
that can sell me 400 sheets and up and is located in or near Chicago
Illinois. but I just do not know where I can go for that kind of amount
with out going to homedepot, menards, or lowes. Because I AM LOOKING TO
SAVE SOME MONEY ON THAT KIND OF QUANTITY.

How about looking in the yellow pages under "building materials & supplies",
or something like that?

Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

Try an internet search for wholesale suppliers of gypsumboard - try
different word combos like drywall, sheetrock, gyprock.

"Olivio Munoz" wrote in message
news:cccc9e46c58ec1ed2d40fc08753b59c6@homerepairli ve.com...
Hello home repair, I have a large project that i am about to start and I
am
looking for 5/8inch thick drywall. i am looking for some sort of company
that can sell me 400 sheets and up and is located in or near Chicago
Illinois. but I just do not know where I can go for that kind of amount
with out going to homedepot, menards, or lowes. Because I AM LOOKING TO
SAVE SOME MONEY ON THAT KIND OF QUANTITY.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison

Olivio Munoz wrote:

Hello home repair, I have a large project that i am about to start and I am
looking for 5/8inch thick drywall. i am looking for some sort of company
that can sell me 400 sheets and up and is located in or near Chicago
Illinois. but I just do not know where I can go for that kind of amount
with out going to homedepot, menards, or lowes. Because I AM LOOKING TO
SAVE SOME MONEY ON THAT KIND OF QUANTITY.

400 sheets and you want a discount? My drywaller goes through
400 sheets per day. He gets a slight discount, but he doesn't
use those homeowner stores. He (and I) use a real drywall
supplier.

Try looking for one that sells to small customers such as
yourself.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

In article om, "Olivio Munoz" wrote:
Hello home repair, I have a large project that i am about to start and I am
looking for 5/8inch thick drywall. i am looking for some sort of company
that can sell me 400 sheets and up and is located in or near Chicago
Illinois. but I just do not know where I can go for that kind of amount
with out going to homedepot, menards, or lowes. Because I AM LOOKING TO
SAVE SOME MONEY ON THAT KIND OF QUANTITY.

Did it occur to you to look under "Drywall" in the Chicago Yellow Pages?

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

400 sheets is a fair sized order, but not unusual. The material
will be priced by the square foot or 1000 square foot. Why are
you buying it rather than your drywaller? Don't necessarily
assume you will get it for less than a big box store on sale.
Commercial drywall and stud suppliers provide delivery, stocking,
carry the largest selection of lengths, go the extra yard to keep
a job on time, help find strange or specialty items, often offer a
1% or 1 1/2% savings for timely payment, and might buy lunch a
couple of times a year, and provide pencils, ball caps, and
tablets.. These add up to construction site values far greater
than a few cents per square foot one way or the other.

Here is a simple list of commercial supply houses in greater
Chicago from internet:
http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/yellowpages/ypresults.jsp?q=drywall&rType=headingtext&id=3&p=1 &v=3&t=0&st=IL&s=2&ci=chicago&_requestid=205417

I am not from there, but I think I recognize the Reinke name. We
have one named Drywall Supply, probably not related. Call them
all, the worst they do is tell you they only work with contracting
companies.
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Amount of light from linear floodlamp bulb JS UK diy 9 December 1st 05 03:19 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Super Volcanoes Gunner Metalworking 1 November 29th 03 01:40 PM
Setting amount of gap on window opening? Tony Halmarack UK diy 6 July 6th 03 04:49 PM