Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question on Trane XE1000 TWR036C100A3 unit

Question on Trane XE1000 TWR036C100A3 unit

The fan on the inside unit will run. The outside unit when I take the
service panel off has a flashing red light that flashes about every
second. Over to the left is a device that has wires coming from what
I believe is a capacitor with a black piece of plastic that when
pushed in cause's the outside unit to run.

I replaced the thermostat over the winter and genius me thought I
could pull the wires through without causing any issues. Well after
replacing the fuse in the heat pump unit inside we finally had heat.
The heat worked over the winter so I did not think much else of it
until it was time to turn on the AC.

I am not sure of the technical names and most would say I know enough
to be dangerous. I can take a picture of the unit and post/email if
that would help in correcting the issue.

Someone suggested that maybe a 24volt relay has burned out???

Thanks for any help given.
Posted to alt.home.repair
gary

You are probably pushing the contactor. You probably have a pressure
switch keeping the contactor from activating. Call a service man before
you hurt yourself or cause more damage.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ichabod

You would be better off finding a contractor or ask on alt.hvac