The Amazing Exploding Arab

Default Question about condensation pump on central air unit

I came home last night and found a sizable puddle of water under the
condensation pump on my central air unit. I heard the pump running,
but it wasn't pumping. I checked the plastic tubing overhead (the
water is set to drain into my utility tub) and found...instead of
clear water...brownish water with tiny pieces of wood. A piece of
wood was caught in a part of the tubing that was crimped too tight, so
i uncrimped it which freed the clog and set the water flowing again.
A check of the reservoir in the pump confirmed debris there too.

Does anyone have any idea why water from my condensation pump would go
from being clear to having debris in it?

TIA!!!

TURTLE

"The Amazing Exploding Arab" wrote in message
I came home last night and found a sizable puddle of water under the
condensation pump on my central air unit. I heard the pump running,
but it wasn't pumping. I checked the plastic tubing overhead (the
water is set to drain into my utility tub) and found...instead of
clear water...brownish water with tiny pieces of wood. A piece of
wood was caught in a part of the tubing that was crimped too tight, so
i uncrimped it which freed the clog and set the water flowing again.
A check of the reservoir in the pump confirmed debris there too.

Does anyone have any idea why water from my condensation pump would go
from being clear to having debris in it?

TIA!!!

This is Turtle.

You can get trash and rust from evaperator coil draining from it into the
condensate pump and then get clogged up. Put you some clorox in it 2 times
a year during the summer and keep it under control. About a cup will do.

TURTLE

The Amazing Exploding Arab

Thanks Turtle. I had PSE&G come by (the local utility company) and
they told me the same thing. We put some bleach in and the thing
cleared up quickly. What a relief.

The kicker was that I just bought a house and I just listed mine for
sale yesterday. So what happens yesterday? First the 30+ year old
fridge dies, then this issue with the condenser pump. Well, at least
ONE of the two didn't cost me $700!

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:15:51 -0500, "TURTLE"
wrote:

.. .

Central Heating Question Jackie UK diy 3 August 29th 03 10:29 PM
FAQ Question re. central heating Andy Hall UK diy 24 August 14th 03 02:31 PM
Further to my last post entitled 'Flushing and treating central heating question' David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 July 29th 03 07:15 PM
Flushing and treating Central Heating question echo21 UK diy 4 July 27th 03 10:19 AM
Central Heating Pump john UK diy 3 July 4th 03 08:57 PM