Posted to rec.sport.swimming,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default The "Other" Pool Chemical - "Nitrate"?

We've used chlorine and now bacquacil. I've heard that
there's another system -- I believe it's silver nitrate based, but
I may be wrong -- that's cheaper and more effective for SOME
pools and water types. We are in unincorporated land and use
well water. It's not bad -- bit of iron, use a softener. In the pool,
algae's a problem.

I have had NO luck getting information on this pool maintenance
system.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know anything
about it?

Thanks!

Mark

Posted to rec.sport.swimming,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
PipeDown

First link from google when searching silver nitrate pool
http://www.algaebar.com/report.html

a little further down were webstores who sell the chemical but you'r right,
there are not any Systems. I think it is added manually

wrote in message
oups.com...
We've used chlorine and now bacquacil. I've heard that
there's another system -- I believe it's silver nitrate based, but
I may be wrong -- that's cheaper and more effective for SOME
pools and water types. We are in unincorporated land and use
well water. It's not bad -- bit of iron, use a softener. In the pool,
algae's a problem.

I have had NO luck getting information on this pool maintenance
system.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know anything
about it?

Thanks!

Mark

Posted to rec.sport.swimming,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
PipeDown

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6224779.html

try this

"PipeDown" wrote in message
news
First link from google when searching silver nitrate pool
http://www.algaebar.com/report.html

a little further down were webstores who sell the chemical but you'r
right, there are not any Systems. I think it is added manually

wrote in message
oups.com...
We've used chlorine and now bacquacil. I've heard that
there's another system -- I believe it's silver nitrate based, but
I may be wrong -- that's cheaper and more effective for SOME
pools and water types. We are in unincorporated land and use
well water. It's not bad -- bit of iron, use a softener. In the pool,
algae's a problem.

I have had NO luck getting information on this pool maintenance
system.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know anything
about it?

Thanks!

Mark

Posted to rec.sport.swimming,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
SammyFord

You realize that the improper use of chlorine relates to symptoms of
eye, ear and respiratory infections. what do you think adding nitrate
to your pool will result in????