Posted to alt.home.repair
FWTexas

Default dyson vacuum cleaners

Anyone have any experience with the dyson vacuum.? Looking for a new vacuum,
know they're expensive; but is the suction as good as they say
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul O.

The wife bought one a few months ago, The Animal, and she loves it. I tried
it a couple times and it seems easier to move around than others I've used.
The suction is great. If Momma is happy with it, it was worth it, know what
I mean? :-)

--
Paul O.

"FWTexas" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with the dyson vacuum.? Looking for a new
vacuum, know they're expensive; but is the suction as good as they say
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer

"FWTexas" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with the dyson vacuum.? Looking for a new
vacuum, know they're expensive; but is the suction as good as they say

I'll say it before someone else does...

.... THEY SUCK!

: )

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Before you buy a new vaccuum cleaner, if the old one is working, before
scrapping it, try replacing the agitator and belt for rugs if that is what
you are trying to improve. You will be amazed how much better it will
clean carpets with new bristles.

"FWTexas" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with the dyson vacuum.? Looking for a new
vacuum, know they're expensive; but is the suction as good as they say
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

I belong to a dog newsgroup and the Dyson is, by far, the #1 preference
of the people in the group for getting pet hair out of carpet and off
of upholstery. I've never had one, but many, many people with dogs
rave about how much they like the Dyson.

Jo Ann

Posted to alt.home.repair
Croco Stimpy

We got one about 7 months ago. The new "ball" model.

I was tired of replacing expensive units every 2 years. And worse, the bag
models leaked dust back into the house.
We have a Great Dane, and after the second day on a new bag, our old vacuum
STUNK like a dog.

So, we got the Dyson - I should be a Dyson salesman now. It is FANTASTIC.
What can I say. NO DUST, no smell, empty the canister with the push of a
button. I would say it works 100 times better than my old canister.

I vacuumed the living room with the new Dyson after it was already cleaned
with my old vac. Filled the dust canister COMPLETELY. I was amazed.

Just one word of caution, the power head is very aggressive. You have to
turn off the beater on wool or berbers or it will pull them apart. Buy it!
It's sad to get so excited about a vacuum cleaner, but it is that good.

"FWTexas" wrote in message
Anyone have any experience with the dyson vacuum.? Looking for a new
vacuum, know they're expensive; but is the suction as good as they say
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Art wrote:
Consumer Reports thought it was good but not terrific. Watch out though for
their best buy cannister rating. It is a GE from Walmart. It is great at
vacumming but a pia to use. Short hose is not flexible enuf and bags are
tiny.

We are agreed that test ratings indicate Dyson falls short in some areas.

There is no PERFECT vacuum out there.

What works great in the lab may have fatal flaws in actual use (too
short a cord, hoses not sufficiently flexible, consumables cost too
much, consumable capacity too small. Great on some surfaces, not so
great on others).

For many of us, a Dyson is just the ticket with a good balance of
features and cleaning power. Yes, it costs more than the cannister
vacuums at Walmart/BestBuy/CircuitCity/Target/Sears.

"Robert Gammon" wrote in message
. net...

wrote:

I belong to a dog newsgroup and the Dyson is, by far, the #1 preference
of the people in the group for getting pet hair out of carpet and off
of upholstery. I've never had one, but many, many people with dogs
rave about how much they like the Dyson.

Jo Ann

We have one too. It works so well that I am the near sole user of the
vacuum. This is a wife friendly vacuum as it gets ME to do the chore.

No pets here, but an AMAZING quantity of carpet fiber, sand, dust, etc
comes out with each pass.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Note that Bed, Bath, and Beyond routinely sends out "20% off anything"
coupons and carries the Dyson. There are also sources for rebuilt
models, depending on how you feel about that kind of thing (I've always
done okay in that arena).

Jo Ann

Posted to alt.home.repair

Any opinions on Simplicity brand?

see link

http://www.simplicityvac.com/products/uprights/
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco

pe wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:17:27 -0500,
wrote:

Any opinions on Simplicity brand?

see link

http://www.simplicityvac.com/products/uprights/

A BIG assed Shopvac fitted with a Hepa filter and an old ElectroLux powerhead
and wand attached to 24 feet of this.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,42401&ap=1

It will suck the paint off the walls.

Good idea .... very close to a central
system ... except that most central units
exit the gray air outside the house.
One thing you have to watch, many
shop vacs are designed for more volume
and somewhat less pressure. Typical
central vac have sealed suctions of 90
to 120 inches of water. I had a Sears
canister that advertised a sealed
suction of 90 inches of water. Shop
vacs might
only be 50 inches or so. While sealed
suction isn't purely releated to
cleaning power,
volume and working suction together is
important. How to measure this is open to
much discussion. Central systems do
need higher suction due to long lines
from the
unit to each room's inlet. BTW, I was
thinking of using a shop vac as a
"central system"
in a motorhome. Motorhome central vacs
are way, way overpriced, typically in the
$300-400 range .... almost like a home
system, but a lot less vacuum.
Posted to alt.home.repair

pe wrote:

A BIG assed Shopvac fitted with a Hepa filter and an old ElectroLux powerhead
and wand attached to 24 feet of this.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,42401&ap=1

It will suck the paint off the walls.

Good idea really

But the thing I've learned abt vacuuming...is that
ideally it should be done DAILY

And for that to happen it must be EASY to get the
machine out and use it daily.

And I'm not sure the idea above would be easy enough
for me to get it out and use it DAILY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Art Todesco wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,42401&ap=1

It will suck the paint off the walls.

Good idea .... very close to a central

here is idea I've had but no time to try out yet

Buy a wall hanging portable shop vac as in link below

http://tinyurl.com/m7ugn

When NOT being used store inside hanging up on wall out
of sight

Buy another spare wall mount and mount right outside of
patio door

Move vac and hang it up OUTSIDE and run hose INSIDE the
home when vacuuming

This keeps dust OUTSIDE home

When done.... bring vac back inside and hang up on
"home" wall mount

What you think?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Haar

On 2006/4/17 10:10 PM, "Paul O." wrote:

The wife bought one a few months ago, The Animal, and she loves it. I tried
it a couple times and it seems easier to move around than others I've used.
The suction is great.

Same here. We have a golden retriever that is a hair factory. The Dyson
Animal collects so much dog hair that is disgusting to think about it all
being in the carpet.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

And don't forget ebay. Someone got a deal from me on my attachments for my
whole house vaccuum on ebay. They got a $400 unit for $150.

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Note that Bed, Bath, and Beyond routinely sends out "20% off anything"
coupons and carries the Dyson. There are also sources for rebuilt
models, depending on how you feel about that kind of thing (I've always
done okay in that arena).

Jo Ann

Posted to alt.home.repair

I bought the Animal and I love it!!! , I tell everyone I have a Dyson
and it SUCKS!!! LOL!!

Vacuum Cleaners...here of different brands. kathe Home Ownership 0 September 17th 05 07:21 AM
automated vacuum cleaners janpan Home Ownership 3 August 16th 05 11:12 AM
Dyson upright vacuum cleaner problem [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 February 26th 05 12:11 PM
Bagless vacuum cleaners Howard UK diy 48 February 25th 05 10:30 AM
vacuum cleaners.... I've gone through 3 eurekas already ! Rich Home Repair 10 February 14th 05 02:32 PM