Posted to alt.home.repair
stevie

Default vinyl siding

I have vinyl siding on my house, which is mostly brick. The siding is under
the eaves (hip roof).

I need more ventilation in the attic and may have to cut thru the vinyl and
plywood so that I can put in some kind of air vents for inflow into the
attic.

How difficult is it to cut vinyl siding? I would like to cut both siding
and plywood at the same time if I can.

If I cut the vinyl incorrectly, the siding cannot be replaced-that type is
no longer produced.

If necessary, I could remove a section of the siding and cut it separately.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"stevie" wrote in message
How difficult is it to cut vinyl siding? I would like to cut both siding
and plywood at the same time if I can.

Very easy. A jig saw will make quick work of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

Usually you can remove those eave sidings by just gently prying them
off, exposing the plywood you need to cut. You then have to find out
where the joists are so you can cut your vent between the joists.

Vinyl Siding losthenfound Home Repair 12 March 11th 06 02:44 AM
100 yr old house, stucco over wood siding - now vinyl siding on top? [email protected] Home Repair 7 September 26th 05 08:52 PM
Vinyl siding to replace wood siding. ADD Home Repair 7 May 11th 05 02:22 PM
Alternatives to UGLY vinyl siding RB Home Repair 18 December 31st 03 07:26 AM
Vinyl windows and siding: need to make decision Pat Kiewicz Home Repair 1 July 10th 03 03:09 PM