Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Back-Siphon Valves in Dishwashers?

I'd like to avoid putting in an air gap near our sink (forgetting code
for a second).

Does anyone know if Maytag (QuietSeries400) has an anti siphon valve in
their dishwasher outputs?

In other words, if I don't use an air gap am I risking back
contamination or do modern day dishwashers have something that protects
them?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
bakechad

Run the drain hose to underneath the top of the sink and use a wire tie
to hold it there. As long as it is looped higher than the drain, you
will not have any backup.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Darrell Dorsey

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'd like to avoid putting in an air gap near our sink (forgetting code
for a second).

Does anyone know if Maytag (QuietSeries400) has an anti siphon valve in
their dishwasher outputs?

In other words, if I don't use an air gap am I risking back
contamination or do modern day dishwashers have something that protects
them?

I just bought and installed a new Maytag dishwasher. The drain comes out of
the bottom, rises to the top and them back down the side. Plus I ran the
drain line up high next to the top of the counter top and down to the
disposer.

I had a house with the air gap and hated that thing.

Darrell