Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Rick

Default Multiple valves per station.

I've installed part of my sprinkler system; enough to have a nice area for
the children and to keep the dust down. The size of the lawn thus far is
about 120' wide and 80' deep. I have a two inch main line that will
eventually feed additional lines for the front and side yards. Anyway, in
the back yard I have four 1" sublines off the main 2". Right now it tools
like the following:

2 impacts & 3 Impacts 3 Impacts 2 Impacts
2 popups
| | |

| 1" | 1" | 1"
| 1"
| | |

| | |

| valve | valve | valve
| valve
2" Line

Why all the valves you ask, well eventually the rest of the back yard will
be in and each 1" line will be extended and have another 3 to 6 impacts. My
pump runs 10-12 impacts comfortably so I figured I could run a couple valves
per zone. I never looked at the controllers only the total electrical load
it would handle so I assumed turning on four valves wouldn't be an issue.
Well it is unless I go with some "golf course" controller. An exception I've
found is Hunters ICC controller which appear to handle 2 valves on 1 program
and 2 valves on a "special" program that can run concurrent. Any other
suggestions someone could recommend?

Thanks,

Rick