Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark

Default Bearing Buddies

Does anyone know where you can buy something called Bearing Buddies for a
Harbor Freight 4X8 trailer with 12-inch wheels? The local trailer place in
SE Michigan said the ones he has won't work. My local auto store has them
with outside diameters of 1.98 inches and also 1.78 inches. I measured the
inside diameter of the axle where the bearing buddies would fit, and it's
2.03 inches...a tad too large.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, yeah, I did call Harbor Freight and they were absolutely no help.

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

Mark wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy something called Bearing Buddies for a
Harbor Freight 4X8 trailer with 12-inch wheels? The local trailer place in
SE Michigan said the ones he has won't work. My local auto store has them
with outside diameters of 1.98 inches and also 1.78 inches. I measured the
inside diameter of the axle where the bearing buddies would fit, and it's
2.03 inches...a tad too large.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, yeah, I did call Harbor Freight and they were absolutely no help.

Mark

Did you look at their site to see what is available?

http://www.bearingbuddy.com/select.html

I don't see any really close to 2.03 inches (51.562 mm)
The closest seems to be the 1.98 inch (50.41 mm)

Personally I don't consider them worth it except for a boat trailer.
Regardless of what they say they don't eliminate packing bearings. To
do that you need an axle like EZLube that allows grease to flow to the
inside bearing:

http://www.dexteraxle.com/e_z_lube_system