Posted to alt.home.repair
idiot for helping out

Default arrgh new toilet doesn't fit when tank is attached

aaaarghh stupid wall
Posted to alt.home.repair
idiot for helping out

Speedy Jim wrote in news:klb_f.57424$F_3.11016
@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

idiot for helping out wrote:
aaaarghh stupid wall

That's all we are to be told??

Sorry, just complaining. I ended up putting the toilet in the next
bathroom, which did fit. (Used one of those waxless rings, hopefully it
will hold up). The toilet filler thingy (fill valve?) is kind of weird, it
leaks from the top onto a pan on top of the float and also has an outlet
hole in the center of the float, seems to work okay (shuts off when the
float reaches the correctly level). Is this normal? I still have the
fluidmaster from the old toilet, should I replace?

What is the rough-in distance of the flange center to wall?

In case I do the other bathroom with the same model toilet, any ideas?
(other than duh get the right size toilet). Distance from the center of
the waste pipe to wall for non-fitting room was 11". Looked like I needed
another 1/4" to 1/2".
Posted to alt.home.repair
marson

they sell toilets that can go closer to the wall than the standard 12"

Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

idiot for helping out wrote:
Speedy Jim wrote in news:klb_f.57424$F_3.11016
@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

What is the rough-in distance of the flange center to wall?

In case I do the other bathroom with the same model toilet, any ideas?
(other than duh get the right size toilet). Distance from the center of
the waste pipe to wall for non-fitting room was 11". Looked like I needed
another 1/4" to 1/2".

Standard rough-in size (what the new toilet is) is 12".
You can special order a 10" rough-in, but expect to pay $

Some brands are more "forgiving" than others. It's worth
a stroll down the display aisle with tapemeasure to see if
you can find a stock item with a hair less than 12" req'd.
Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
idiot for helping out

"marson" wrote in news:1144608916.742735.59580
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

they sell toilets that can go closer to the wall than the standard 12"

That's probably what I'll end up doing (getting one that fits). I'll see
how the new one works out first, it was only $60 which is why I bought it.
The old toilets are both non-low flush.

Posted to alt.home.repair
idiot for helping out

Speedy Jim wrote in
. net:

Standard rough-in size (what the new toilet is) is 12".
You can special order a 10" rough-in, but expect to pay $

That's what I was afraid of.

Some brands are more "forgiving" than others. It's worth
a stroll down the display aisle with tapemeasure to see if
you can find a stock item with a hair less than 12" req'd.

Will do, thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
sylvan butler

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:26:09 GMT, idiot for helping out wrote:
The old toilets are both non-low flush.

If in good condition (no cracks, etc) people will pay good money for
those...

sdb
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com