Posted to alt.home.repair
Vince

Default Sanitary Cleasning Poured Concrete Basement Floor

What steps can be taken to sanitize and/or cleasne and deodorize a
poured concrete basement floor after experiencing a septic tank/waste
water backup?

Should this be done professionally ? Perhaps, an insurance claim ?

Our basement is an unfinished space. I have removed the soaked
piece of carpet that was there, swepped the solids and mopped up the
waste liquid.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Bleach should be adequate. Follow with a plain old soap and water mopup.
not necessarily in that order.

"Vince" wrote in message

What steps can be taken to sanitize and/or cleasne and deodorize a
poured concrete basement floor after experiencing a septic tank/waste
water backup?

Should this be done professionally ? Perhaps, an insurance claim ?

Our basement is an unfinished space. I have removed the soaked
piece of carpet that was there, swepped the solids and mopped up the
waste liquid.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Laundry bleach kills most anything, spray it on with a garden sprayer or
mop it, if you mop and scrub use laundry soap and dilute the bleach.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"Vince" wrote in message

What steps can be taken to sanitize and/or cleasne and deodorize a
poured concrete basement floor after experiencing a septic tank/waste
water backup?

Should this be done professionally ? Perhaps, an insurance claim ?

Our basement is an unfinished space. I have removed the soaked
piece of carpet that was there, swepped the solids and mopped up the
waste liquid.

Bleach and water. 10% bleach 90% water is adequate if using Clorox
Industrial grade (5% active ingredient).

Cheaper bleach mix it stronger.

Spread the bleach water with a wet mop and let it sit for 3 minutes. Use a
dry mop to pick it up.

This would even kill the AIDS virus if it were present.

Repeat with plain water if desired.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.