Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan

Default replace dishwasher

Need to replace our old dishwasher. I've never tried anything like this. Is
this a hard project? Any tips or special tricks I should know? I would
appreciate any information that I can get.
Thanks for your help.
Dan

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Balderstone

In article zFGYf.18532$dU3.182@trnddc01, Dan
wrote:

Need to replace our old dishwasher. I've never tried anything like this. Is
this a hard project? Any tips or special tricks I should know? I would
appreciate any information that I can get.
Thanks for your help.
Dan

We had a new one installled recently and I watched the install. It's
really straighforward, and the new DW will come with install
instructions.

But OTOH, it was only $25 to have someone else do it...
Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

wrote:

Need to replace our old dishwasher. I've never tried anything like this. Is
this a hard project? Any tips or special tricks I should know? I would
appreciate any information that I can get.
Thanks for your help.
Dan

We had a new one installled recently and I watched the install. It's
really straighforward, and the new DW will come with install
instructions.

But OTOH, it was only $25 to have someone else do it...

If that were possible here, I would probably have
some one install it, but most places charge a
minimum of $50 some nearly $100. OTOH, if someone
else installed it for $25, I would probably have
to do some adjusting--move the supply line, fix a
leak, change the supply valve position, adjust the
height of the machine in the cabinet,etc. so it
would be easier if I installed it.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Need to replace our old dishwasher

This may help....

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...t/1276406.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ted Mittelstaedt

wrote:

Need to replace our old dishwasher. I've never tried anything like this.

Is
this a hard project? Any tips or special tricks I should know? I would
appreciate any information that I can get.
Thanks for your help.
Dan

We had a new one installled recently and I watched the install. It's
really straighforward, and the new DW will come with install
instructions.

But OTOH, it was only $25 to have someone else do it...

If that were possible here, I would probably have
some one install it, but most places charge a
minimum of $50 some nearly $100.

It costs the retailer more than $25 so for the places that charge only
$25, they are hiding part of the cost to install into the price.

Ted

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Check Lowes or Home Depot. They may have a rebate on standard installation.
Also consider their 4 extra years of warranty for $89. Dishwashers are not
holding up the way they used to.