Posted to alt.home.repair
Rookie

Default remove carpet glue

I need to remove carpet glue from our basement concrete floor any
suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light

I'd guess that depends on what you're putting down in place of the
carpet. Do you need bare concrete or just something smooth enough for
new carpet / laminate?

-rev

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

From concrete, use a solvent. Many might work, I'll leave it to you to find
a reasonably priced product that is not too volitile. Some paint stippers
might work.

If the concrete was very smooth and well sealed, you might do it with a heat
gun and a sharp scraper

"Rookie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to remove carpet glue from our basement concrete floor any
suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great

On 3 Apr 2006 19:18:15 -0700, "Rookie"
wrote:

I need to remove carpet glue from our basement concrete floor any
suggestions?

You might be able to scrap it up with a floor scraper. It is like a
paint scraper but bigger and has replacible razor blade tip.
Becareful, sharp.

Example: http://www.urlbee.com?2449

hth,

tom
Posted to alt.home.repair

I recently took up the file in a room that I plan on carpeting. If I
repair the concrete that was damaged with some holes, can I just put
the carpeting right over it or should I take up the glue that held on
the tiles also?