DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   remove carpet glue (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/151988-remove-carpet-glue.html)

Rookie April 4th 06 03:18 AM

remove carpet glue

I need to remove carpet glue from our basement concrete floor any
suggestions?

The Reverend Natural Light April 4th 06 05:47 PM

remove carpet glue

I'd guess that depends on what you're putting down in place of the
carpet. Do you need bare concrete or just something smooth enough for
new carpet / laminate?

-rev

PipeDown April 4th 06 11:54 PM

remove carpet glue

From concrete, use a solvent. Many might work, I'll leave it to you to find
a reasonably priced product that is not too volitile. Some paint stippers
might work.

If the concrete was very smooth and well sealed, you might do it with a heat
gun and a sharp scraper

oups.com...

Tom The Great April 5th 06 01:14 AM

remove carpet glue

On 3 Apr 2006 19:18:15 -0700, "Rookie"
wrote:

I need to remove carpet glue from our basement concrete floor any
suggestions?

You might be able to scrap it up with a floor scraper. It is like a
paint scraper but bigger and has replacible razor blade tip.
Becareful, sharp.

Example: http://www.urlbee.com?2449

hth,

tom

[email protected] April 13th 06 04:56 PM

remove carpet glue

I recently took up the file in a room that I plan on carpeting. If I
repair the concrete that was damaged with some holes, can I just put
the carpeting right over it or should I take up the glue that held on
the tiles also?