Posted to alt.home.repair
Pearl Diver

Default missing floor tile - fill with epoxy?

Hi all...

I have a 1" gap between my bathroom door frame and the tile floor. The
floor is going to be replace in a few years so I'm just looking for a quick
fix. I'm thinking about filling it with a paintable epoxy. What are your
thoughts? Any recommendations on the type of epoxy?

Thanks for any input you might have.

--

Pearl Diver

Posted to alt.home.repair

why not a self stick vinyl tile cut into strip to fit?

easy to remove later and now leveling needed

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 16:18:36 -0500, "Pearl Diver"
wrote:

Hi all...

I have a 1" gap between my bathroom door frame and the tile floor. The
floor is going to be replace in a few years so I'm just looking for a quick
fix. I'm thinking about filling it with a paintable epoxy. What are your
thoughts? Any recommendations on the type of epoxy?

Thanks for any input you might have.

The problem with epoxy is you may not be able to get it off again
when it's time to re-do the floor. Use the expoxy (or something
else) to MAKE a separate tile, on wax paper or something, and
then stick that in place. Or try going to a tile shop and see
if they'll just GIVE you one tile left over from another job.

If they will, make sure you go back to them when you DO replace
the floor.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Beantown

Do't know if this suggestion helps because in my case, I was patching a
hole that I was then going to cover with other flooring, but I had that
situation where about half a tile broke off and disappeared (long
before I lived here).

I pasted over the hole with something called "Patch-it" (I think that's
the name). It was in the same section as the spackle. I was a really
stinky rubbery spackle-type stuff that dries in an easily removable
fashion later on. It really just crumbles back away when you make an
effort to dig it out. With a little extra elbow grease you could
certainly remove it cleanly when the need arose.

Maybe you could do that and then cover it with one of those 1 1/2 or
2-inch flooring transition strip -- either the uneven (thicker on one
side than the other like for carpet) or a completely level one that
works for transitioning between two different but level flooring
surfaced. (Sorry for my horrible terminology on the "flooring
transition strip;" it probably has a better name than that, but I'm nor
sure what it is!)

Motherboard fuses - missing? Michael Black Electronics Repair 4 August 20th 05 12:16 PM
Epoxy paint on shop floor---Any good? Metalworking 14 January 28th 05 06:56 AM
Buffing? Darren Woodturning 4 October 6th 04 04:56 PM
Epoxy and machine building.... Richard Nienhuis Metalworking 19 December 20th 03 12:56 AM
glue in knotholes T. Woodworking 8 October 8th 03 11:41 PM