Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Bath Tub Refinish?

Nobody You'd Know wrote:
I have a porcelain bathtub/shower which very much needs
refinishing.

1.) Is the plastic liner, as sold by Home Depot, or the spray
refinish, as sold by various bathtub refinishers, the better choice?

2.) Any recommended contractors?

TIA!

I would go with a local professional refinisher. Ask around to to find
a recommendation or at least ask for references (and check them) from the
contractor. They have the experience and tools to do it right and with
minimal fuss. Of course the only way to get it really right is to replace
it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
Nobody You'd Know wrote:
I have a porcelain bathtub/shower which very much needs
refinishing.

1.) Is the plastic liner, as sold by Home Depot, or the spray
refinish, as sold by various bathtub refinishers, the better choice?

2.) Any recommended contractors?

TIA!

I would go with a local professional refinisher. Ask around to to

find
a recommendation or at least ask for references (and check them) from the
contractor. They have the experience and tools to do it right and with
minimal fuss. Of course the only way to get it really right is to replace
it.

--
Joseph Meehan

I agree with Joseph.

I have seen some excellent workmanship from the pros. Pink changed to white.
Saw it before and after.

I have also seen a couple of bad ones. So the references are important.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just do it right and replace it.

Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
Virtually no flow at bath ( longish) 9100DN OWNER UK diy 7 January 3rd 05 01:50 PM
Bath advice Martin Wilson UK diy 2 November 13th 04 06:44 AM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM
Rubber strip for front edge of bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 9 October 14th 03 11:50 AM