DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bath Tub Refinish? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/151579-re-bath-tub-refinish.html)

Joseph Meehan April 1st 06 03:11 AM

Bath Tub Refinish?

Nobody You'd Know wrote:
I have a porcelain bathtub/shower which very much needs
refinishing.

1.) Is the plastic liner, as sold by Home Depot, or the spray
refinish, as sold by various bathtub refinishers, the better choice?

2.) Any recommended contractors?

TIA!

I would go with a local professional refinisher. Ask around to to find
a recommendation or at least ask for references (and check them) from the
contractor. They have the experience and tools to do it right and with
minimal fuss. Of course the only way to get it really right is to replace
it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Colbyt April 1st 06 03:34 AM

Bath Tub Refinish?

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
Nobody You'd Know wrote:
I have a porcelain bathtub/shower which very much needs
refinishing.

1.) Is the plastic liner, as sold by Home Depot, or the spray
refinish, as sold by various bathtub refinishers, the better choice?

2.) Any recommended contractors?

TIA!

I would go with a local professional refinisher. Ask around to to

find
a recommendation or at least ask for references (and check them) from the
contractor. They have the experience and tools to do it right and with
minimal fuss. Of course the only way to get it really right is to replace
it.

--
Joseph Meehan

I agree with Joseph.

I have seen some excellent workmanship from the pros. Pink changed to white.
Saw it before and after.

I have also seen a couple of bad ones. So the references are important.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.

[email protected] April 2nd 06 02:54 AM