Posted to alt.home.repair
georgie

Default Dryer rust repair?

We noticed our clothes sometimes have rust marks after we do laundry. We
tracked it down to the dryer. It seems there is a rusty area between the
rotating drum and the inner frame. Portions of clothes that get between the
drum and the frame get the rust marks on them.

I was thinking of using something like duct tape to cover the rusty areas,
but that's probably a bad idea considering the heat inside the dryer. My
current thinking is to actually repair the rusty areas.

What's the best way to treat the rusty areas to remove the rust, and then
seal them so they don't rust again.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

georgie wrote:
We noticed our clothes sometimes have rust marks after we do laundry. We
tracked it down to the dryer. It seems there is a rusty area between the
rotating drum and the inner frame. Portions of clothes that get between the
drum and the frame get the rust marks on them.

I was thinking of using something like duct tape to cover the rusty areas,
but that's probably a bad idea considering the heat inside the dryer. My
current thinking is to actually repair the rusty areas.

What's the best way to treat the rusty areas to remove the rust, and then
seal them so they don't rust again.

Hi,

Dryer make, model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

It seems there is a rusty area between the
rotating drum and the inner frame. Portions of clothes that get between the
drum and the frame get the rust marks on them.

We don't know the design/style/model of the dryer, but *normally* there
shouldn't be a space for clothes to get into.

I was thinking of using something like duct tape to cover the rusty areas,
but that's probably a bad idea considering the heat inside the dryer.

Might be needed....
Spray paint flo-coat gray
Great for coating chipped clothes dryer drums. Gray acrylic paint.
13-ounce spray can.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=561

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid